A Broken Promise

Chapter 25

*Tommy's POV*

Run. It was the only thing on my mind. My legs did what they do & picked up the pace. I had to get away. I can't think of the last time I had to run from my biggest fear of all time. Myself. Suddenly the room got dark. I couldn't see anything, then I see a light shining down on a table. I walk closer to the table & there it was: a razor blade. I turn away from the object as the painful memories flashed in my head as flashback, but horrible. I look back at the blade as it shines under the thin light.

My hand reached for it, I turn away again. I can't do it, not again, I made a promise to Adam. My hand reached for it again, I try to move my hand from it, but I don't have control my body. My hand had held the cold blade in my warm & sweaty hand. The blade came close to my arm I try to pry the blade from my hand, but nothing worked. The blade pressed against my arm & my hand drug the blade across my arm. I screamed. The pain I haven't felt in so long as come back, but the monster inside of me isn't done yet. I see the scarlet liquid seeping through my flesh. I closed my eyes. The more I scream, the more cuts appear upon my arm.

It felt like forever until my hand dropped the blade. I open my eyes to reveal what the monster has done to me. Deep, bloody cuts all over my arm. I stand there in horror of what I haven't done for a long time. The familiar pain was rushing through my body.

"Tommy?" I heard Adam's voice. "Tommy, is that you?" I turned around to see the familiar ocean blue eyes. "Tommy I-," his eyes trailed down to my hacked up arms.

"A-Adam, i-it's not what you think," I said. "I can explain," I got closer to him.

"Tommy, it's okay," he said, "Come here, I'll make it stop," he held out his arms, I walked slowly to him & embraced him. His familiar scent filled my nose, his embrace is fitting, his body upon my smaller one.

"It hurts," I said, "Make it stop," I whined as I felt the stinging of the deep wounds in my arms.

"Shh, it's okay," I felt a sharp pain behind my back. I gasped. "It'll all go away soon enough," he pull back the sharp metal out of me. I looked back at Adam, smiling.

"Why?" I fell back.

"To end the pain for you," I lost my vision knowing I was gone.

***

I jolted up from the bed, I felt a pair of arms around me, "No! L-et go of me! Don't hu-rt m-me!" I yelled.

"Calm down," it said. I didn't know who it was or what'll it do to me, just needed to get out of it's grip. I got out of the the monsters' hold. I ran to the bathroom. I had get rid of this pain before it consumes me. I closed the door with a slam & locked it behind me. I searched for the metal that will help numb me.

"Tommy," it said.

"Le-ave me al-lone!" I yelled. I felt my chest tighten, my rapid heartbeat & my stomach tied in knots. I pulled out the piece of metal behind the cabinet. The cold metal in my warm, sweaty palms, I could just end the pain right here, right now. I stand there, staring at the shining metal in my hands.

"Tommy, whatever you do, don't have the blade in your grasp," it was Adam, but it was too late, I already have the blade in my hands.

"I'm sorry, Adam," I press the blade upon my arm, I drug the blade across my arm, I see the red poison seep through my skin.

"Tommy! Tommy! Please! Put. The. Blade. Down,"

I didn't listen to him, I kept ripping my skin. All I could hear was the sound of Adam pounding on the door, trying to get in & my heavy breathing. I fell down on the cold, hard floor. I stopped. I felt numb, I felt relieved, I felt normal again. I closed my eyes, waiting for Death to take it's toll. I see Adam in the bathroom, shaking me. I only hear faint yelling & screaming, I've broken a promise. I see Adam try to stop the bleeding, he tries cleaning my deep wounds I inflicted on myself. Darkness. I was gone.