I Rushed You

Chapter 10

*Tommy's POV*

I wake up to a cold space next to me. Adam isn't here. It's still dark. I checked the time on my phone. 2:24. I see the living room light on. Is Adam up, why? I pulled the covers off of me & slid out of bed. I walked to the door & opened it. I see Adam sitting on the counter with a cup of coffee in his hands & blanket around his sholders. Why is he up? Did I do something wrong?

"Adam," I called out. He turns his head towards me, "Why are you up, did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's not you," he says.

"Then what is it?"

"I-I feel guilty," he answers

"What do you feel guilty about, babe," I go next to him, took his drink away & intertwined our hands.

"I rushed you into something you weren't ready for," he lowered his head.

"Adam, look at me," he picked up his head, "You didn't know if I was ready or not. I should've told you before. It's okay. I still love you," I kissed his forehead.

"You forgive me?"

"Of course," I answered.

"Even if I'm a bad boyfriend," why would he say that.

"Adam, you're not a bad boyfriend," I look at him, "You're a wonderful boyfriend."

"I love you, Tommy," he said.

"I know I love you, too," I answered.

"No, Tommy," he said, "I really, really, love you. You're the most beautiful man I ever seen. You're funny, outgoing, amazing & wonderful. A boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. You make me smile & laugh everyday. You keep me going & have a reason to wake up & breathe. I don't know what I'll do if I ever lost you. You can't give me the world because you are my world. I love you, Tommy Joe. Forever & always."

"A-Adam, y-you don't know h-how much that m-means to me," a tear rolled down my cheek. Adam wiped it away with his thumb, "Do you really mean it?"

"I said it, didn't I?" I pulled him into a hug. Those words had captured my heart. No one has ever told that to me, "I think we should go back to bed," I nodded. He got off the counter & picked me up bridal style. We made our way to the bed & got in it.

"Night, Babyboy," I said.

"Night, Tommy," he said as I fell asleep in the arms of the love of my life.