Chapter 4

Zanessa's POV

"Hahahahahaha ..." Mom, dad, Zackhary and I laughed together while we were watching the movie, Dumb and Dumber. It was a great movie of all time. The characters were incredibly funny and clever. The movie has a lot of broad jokes, but the humor was so dense that it was easy to miss the subtle stuff. The film was full genius, even the characters may be dumb.

It was a beautiful Monday evening for us to just chill on the couch and watch a movie. It's not that every night we used to do this, but it's like a perfect time to do it because we were not that busy that night.

"No foods left?" Zackhary whined as he shoved his hand onto the bowl of popcorns and chips.

"Yeah, because you eat all of it! Duh!" I whined, rolling my eyes at him.

"Duh your face!"

"Shut up, Zack."

"I wont if you wont!"

"Kids!?" My dad said in his fatherly tone. Both Zack and I shut up.

"Can we watch the movie again?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." I said, glaring at my brother.

"Kay, I'll be back." I said as I stood up on the couch. "I'm gonna buy some foods outside."

**********

The car ride to the supermarket wasn't that far, so sooner, the driver dropped me in front of the supermarket. It was 9:23 in the evening when I got to the supermarket and it will close at 10 so I immediately went inside as I hopped out of the taxi cab.

I walked straight to the shelves of chips, and junk foods, scanned the shelves until I spotted my favorite one. I grabbed three chips and went to another shelves with chocolates. I grabbed a pack of Twix and headed to the counter and paid it off to the cashier. I exited the supermarket right after and waited for a taxi cab outside. Couples of taxi cabs passed by but none of them would like to give me a ride. I groaned in frustration. It was late at night, and the cool breeze of the wind hits me every time.

Moments later, I was still standing outside the supermarket, so I decided to walk. As I walked at the streets of London, I passed to some of shops and stores —about to close— when a familiar face walked out of one of the shop.

"Oh, hey." He greeted me.

"Harry?!" I examined his face carefully because maybe it wasn't him. The spot where he was standing was a bit dark so I couldn't really recognize him.

"No, it's Harry Styles." He joked as a chuckle escaped out of his mouth. I laughed at his statement and he laughed as well. "Just kidding. Yeah, it's me. What're you doing outside since it's already quarter to 10 at night?" He stated as both him and I walked along the sidewalk.

"I bought some foods. We're having a movie marathon at home and we ran out of foods since my brother got to eat everything I served in just a blink of an eye." I informed. I tried not to laugh but I just failed. "How 'bout you?"

"I see ..." He laughed at my statement until I realized, we were laughing along but it ended in an awkward stares at each other. I then asked him again why he was here. "Yeah, I'm here because that's my favorite shop. It's a toy shop actually." He replied, pointing the shop —a few feet away from us— where he got out earlier.

"Cool." I smirked. "Are you still playing with toys?"

"Uhm ... sometimes." He said shyly, scratching the back of his head. Is that what he always does every time he's shy? Oh well. "I mean ... I'm 16, I'm still a kid. Aww, you know what I mean."

"Aww, don't worry, playing with toys isn't a turn off for me." I giggled, giving him a reassuring smirk. "Because even I, still play with toys." I added.

"So, you're 16 too?" He asked.

"16 at present." I smiled, fixing few strands of my hair that fell right on my face as the cool wind kissed my face.

"Same here. By the way, where are you going right now?" He asked, as he pulled the bag I was holding. "Lemme bring this for you." He murmured.

"Oh, thanks." I let go of the bag on my hand. "I'm heading home."

"Would you mind if I'll walk you home?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's okay." I refused.

"I insist." He winked.

**********

"Here it is. This is my house." I stopped few feet away from the front porch of our house. I then took my bag from his hand.

"Here?!" He babbled.

"Yep. Why?" I laughed at his reaction.

"My house is just few blocks away from yours." He informed me.

"Really? That's great!" I smirked.

"Yeah." He placed his hands inside the pockets of his hoodies. "So ..." He uttered.

"So ..." We stared at each other awkwardly before I broke the staring moment. "If you like, you can come over inside. Like what I've said earlier, we're watching movies." What the heck I just said to him? I let him come over to my house right now? Seriously?

"I wont refuse to that!" He giggled. Aww, he looked super cute when he does that. Plus, he's a guy, but he giggles.

"Come on inside?" I asked, he just then responsed with a nod.

Harry's POV

"Hi." The only first word I said as Zanessa introduced me to her family. I started to get nervous, and I could feel my nerves were shaking.

But look at this. Isn't this a coincidence or what? I mean, just look at what's happening right now. I was wondering why I really wanted to go out of the house and went downtown then I got to see Zanessa again and here I am now, inside her house and she just introduced me to her family.

"Feel at home, boy." He father told me.

"Sure, sir." I replied. Zanessa then pulled me and let me sit on a couch beside her.

"We feel comfortable if we're called by our names." Her mom told me.

So instead of watching a movie, we're getting to know each other. Her parents and her brother were interrogating me the whole time while Zanessa was telling them to stop asking me further but I refused too because it's really okay to me, it doesn't matter at all. And they're easy to be with, as well as Zanessa. I felt like I've known them before.

But the conversation started to die when Zackhary, her brother stood up because he said he was already sleepy. Moments later, her parents followed her brother until only Zanessa and I left in the living room.

"I apologize if they were interrogating you." Zanessa laughed. "And sorry about my brother, he's just fooling around. He's not mean or so, he's just like that. He's normal as that."

"Nah, it's really okay. Actually, you guys are nice." I said.

"Are your parents searching for you already? It's kinda late." She said.

"I only have my mom and my sister with me. No, I already told them where I am." I replied. "I'm not going home yet. I'm gonna finish this movie, it's pretty great."

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry for mentioning your pare— ... I'm sorry for asking you that question. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to ..." She apologized but I cut her off.

"Zanessa, listen. It's fine, my parents got a divorce when I was young so, I accept it already and I still got to see my father every weekend. So, it's nothing. Don't worry." I informed her, she sighed in relief.

**********

"Zanessa? Uhm ... Sorry to ask but ... Do you have a b-b-bo ..." I uttered nervously, looking down on my feet as I started to clench my fists over my knees. "Doyouhaveaboyfriend?" I blurted out.