Chapter 25

Anne's (Harry's mum) POV

And this is what I was talking about. The one thing I was expecting —but not too soon to happen, and the one thing I was really, really afraid to happen. The lie that we were trying to hide, the pain that we were trying to keep, and the crime or sin we were trying not to surender to Harry yet. He was now bombing me with questions about this girl. About this girl he said he was all the time dreaming of. Zanessa. His lover, his high school romance, the girl he loves so much. His girlfriend. Or shall I say, ex-girlfriend?

Okay, so his memories of her was now flashing back just as quick as the blink of an eye but not totally. But I was beyond afraid, terrified, horrified and freaking out. At the same time, guilty. I knew that my son was head over heels in love with her that's why our family was trying to keep this memories of her for that was the best for Harry right now. It's not that we don't anymore want to recall or remember Zanessa or to reminisce the time Harry and us had with her because she left Harry while he was still in his life support or that she wasn't like "I wont leave you, I'll be here for you 'til you wake up" that time. It was her choice to leave and I have no right to stop her. And actually, I was happy for her —not because I don't like her for Harry, holy crap, I love that girl— because she persued her dreams. Yet she left half of her dreams here, his boyfriend, my son. Yes, Zanessa left him, but she left him loving him.

"He remembers now ..." I said, teary, on the phone with Harry's dad, Des. You know, Des and I are already seperated since both Gemma and Harry were still young but our relationship as good friends stays the same, never changed —apparently because of our kids that makes us happy and at peace. "Harry remembers now."

"Wha-what do you mean, Anne?" He asked, startled on the line.

"Zanessa. All this time he's dreaming about her ... an-and now he's asking me about her." I answered, like I couldn't continue my sentence.

"Wait. How? So what are we gonna do now? How's he? How's my son?" He sounded so worried now.

"I don't know, really. I'll ask this to his doctor maybe? I have no idea, Des. I swear." I replied. "I'm scared of what will happen afterwards."

"Shhh," he cooed. "But how is he right now?"

"Your son's fine."

"Great, great."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled, a bit relief.

Then we hang up.

Harry's POV

And we could not just deny everything ...

Thump, thump, thump. And I woke up again. Dreaming the same dream. This girl. And it was getting pretty usual to me. Imagine waking up right after I would dream of her. Who would not be used to that, anyway? I tilted my head to the side, staring at the bedside clock. It reads 7:30 A.M. It was too early for a Saturday morning which was great since I have no work for today but if I have and wakes up to this time, I'll better get my ass off from this bed before our manager will call me and start sermoning me. But since I couldn't anymore get back to sleep, I tiptoed downstairs.

"Gemma." I uttered with my morning voice as I saw my sister drowning herself on the couch with her feet stretched onto the table.

She didn't turn her face at me so I jumped on the couch to her side. "Hi," she said. "Too early, Harry. Why not go back to sleep?" She added, patting my thigh twice before getting up on the ground.

Great. I'm getting pissed. I looked back, my eyes were following her as she zoomed out of the leaving room. "Really, Gemma? Really?!" I yelled, not too angry though.