Chapter 12 - Part 2: It Was More of a Rescue

Dedicated to: @NightShadess and @jillthekill for your awesome comment, @SquishyMellon and @livinlikelivy for your support and finally @mushy_giant_friend for your helpful pointers!

/////Luna's P.O.V.\\\\\

We have been travelling in the cold for a thousand years.

Well, it feels like a thousand years, because a minute here in the snow feels like a decade. And my lovely partner here is doing absolutely nothing to help our situation.

Shivering and shaking, I call out to my traveling companion who is walking angrily in front of me, "Are we th-there yet?"

Zuko throws his hands up and screams into the howling wind, which gladly carries the sound into my ears.

"Guess that's a n-no, then," I chuckle while a violent shudder rips through my body. During this trip, I had found out that Zuko is a very, very, very introverted person, much to my amusement. It doesn't take much to fire him up, and I have been doing exactly that since we got to this icy tundra. Unfortunately, firing him up doesn't fire up my body temperature. Pity.

As I drag my numb feet across the ice, Zuko suddenly collapses onto the ground in front of me. This is when I start to worry. Perhaps asking "are we there yet?" continuously for one hour is a bit too much, I thought guiltily as I shuffle as fast as my frozen body allows to Zuko's fallen body. Then I kneel down at his head and remove the face-screen from his helmet. His severely bruised face comes into view, making me wonder - for a short moment - how and where he got those.

Gingerly, I use my index finger to pull open his right eye, the one without that horrible burn mark. I even averted my gaze - something inside me feels so sad when I see the scar, like I know where it came from. But the problem is I don't know where it came from, so it's kind of stupid for me to get all teary about it.

While checking his eyeball for any signs of movement, I feel his breath suddenly blowing into my hand, and a tingling sensation of warmth shoots from it up through my arm. Mmm, I sigh dreamily as I try to recall what it feels to be warm, what it feels like to be huddled up in warm blankets while it's raining cats and dogs outside, what it feels like to step into a hot shower after a dreary day, and what it feels like to cuddle into Zuko's warm body...

Okay, stop! I slap myself awake from this daydream. Falling asleep could mean death, I warn myself sternly. And the last thought weirded me out. Cuddle with Zuko? More like cuddling with a temperamental cactus.

The North wind still continues to buffet our bodies in this isolated area, so I stand up to waterbend a huge chunk of ice wall to protect us from the wind and snow. Then I go back to giving Zuko my attention.

"Hey," I say while gently nudging him with my hand. His eyes remain peacefully shut. When he doesn't respond, I grab his shoulder and give a harder shake. "Wake up!"

His eye twitches, but otherwise, there are no signs of movements. Hypothermia? Panicking now, I grab both his shoulders and jerk him roughly. "D-don't die on me, Zuko!" I cry while throwing my arms across his body dramatically, so that now I'm kneeling across his still body. My teeth clashes together in the cold as I try to speak. "We haven't even gotten t-to know each other! I don't know your favourite colour!You can't leave me here all alone!"

Finally, his eyelids flutter, and I can see a bit of gold shining through. Such nice eye colour, I admire. Then I give myself another slap. Enough of distractions, we have to get to the Northern Water Tribe ASAP if we don't want to become human icicles.