Chapter 7: Questions and Answers

A/N: Behold! The next chappy...

Noontime, I find myself wandering the streets of the village alone, thinking through what Aunt Wu had told me. Or more accurately, what she had not tell me.

Katara has went back to ask Aunt Wu for more readings. And I think Aang and Sokka are still trying to prove that Aunt Wu may be wrong about some of her predictions. Well, mostly Sokka's the one doing the proving.

Exhausted from all the pacing, I finally choose to stop under the pavilion where Aunt Wu had made predictions about the village's fortune.

People stare as they pass, but I ignore them. Probably wondering about my clothes.

Five minutes of head-knocking thinking later, I decide to go see the only person here who seems to understand my situation more clearly than others - Aunt Wu.

So I get up and dust my butt, noticing that my jeans are getting worn for wearing it continuously. How the others can manage to wear the same stuff for so long astounds me, I muse as I march to my destination. Maybe I should get the clothes that they wear here, too.

As I near Aunt Wu's house, I see Katara coming out of it, saying, "Aww, I hate papayas," while kicking the ground. I look around, but no Aang is to be found. Weird. I remember this part is where Aang is supposed to appear. Where's Aang and his aloofness?

"Hey Katara, what's up? What happened in there?" I point at Aunt Wu's house. A niggling thought flits through my brain. Why did I even ask? I thought I knew what she was doing. But... I can't remember what went on in the show, when Katara was in Aunt Wu's house. How odd.

"Oh, hey, Luna," Katara greets glumly. "I was just asking Aunt Wu for more details about my future husband. And if I should have mangoes or papaya for breakfast. She said I should get papayas."

"Oh." Now I remember what happened. How could I have forgotten? Katara was badgering Aunt Wu for extricate details about her future husband, and Aunt Wu was tired of her questions - that's what happened in the show! Right? "You should get mangoes, if it makes you happy."

"Nah, I think I'll stick to what Aunt Wu suggested." Katara drags herself away. "See you later."

Shrugging, I enter the premises and head straight to Aunt Wu's palm reading room. I knock on the door softly. "Aunt Wu? It's uh... me again. Luna, I mean. Can I ask you a few more questions, please?"

"Er, Of course," comes her muffled reply. She sounds tired. "Come in."

After I'm seated, I go straight to the point. "Aunt Wu, sorry to bother you but you're the only one I know who knows more than anyone else. What do you mean, when you said I was sent by...by 'fate', to come bring balance to this world? I thought this was - is - the Avatar's job, not someone from another world? What have I got to do with all this? And how did I get here? What happened to my family?"

Aunt Wu gazes at me in sympathy, her eyes softening. "Luna, what I've told you previously, is what little I do know. As for your questions... well, I have my suspicions."

"What's on your mind?"

"I think - I might be wrong, but - this whole thing - from your crossing of worlds, to your destiny reading - has been a work of Fate. Because... you've been here before. Fate must've thought you would know what to do - to save the world - so she sent you back here. As for your family and things involved with your world... I'm afraid I don't know anything."

I'm silent for a while, contemplating what she just said. Finally, I splutter. "What? What?You're saying... I was here before? What? You're not...you're not making sense."