Chapter 6: The Fortune-teller's Predictions

This chapter is dedicated to @Pickles2413. Thanks for voting for this story! <3

Enjoy!

*

The next day after a breakfast of weird fruits, we are stretching our limbs by the river when Sokka decides that a fish in the river is "taunting" him. A strong wave of déjà vu washes over me. I stop moving to stare at Sokka, trying to place a memory to that feeling of déjà vu. Then I remembered.

As Sokka runs into the river to catch that 'smug' looking fish, I announce to the others, "Watch. He's going to get slapped by the fish."

Sure enough, just as Sokka manages to grab the fish, it whips right out of his hands and uses its tail to slap Sokka. I couldn't really see clearly from behind the tears of laughter. I remember this episode, and it is bizarre to see it coming to live in front of me. Sobering up, I wipe the tears from the corner of my eyes whilst trying to figure out what happens next. Hmm...

Oh, yeah! Aang was supposed to, I think, have a crush on Katara...?

Just then, I heard Aang softly call my name. I turn around, still lost in thought, just to see him holding out a pretty necklace, made of white thread with a pink flower in the middle, to me. "I...I made this for you," he says while ducking his head shyly.

I feel a rush of warmth on my face and know that I'm blushing. A twelve year old kid just made me, a fifteen year old, blush.

I've never even blushed once my whole life.

Looking at his expectant face, I slowly reach out to take it while saying, "Aww, that is so sw-"

Just then, I feel my head give a huge throb of pain, and I know that something isn't right. The headache from few days ago resumes its steady throbbing, and I drop my hand that was reaching for the necklace. The other hand is already at the base of my head, trying to massage the pain away.

"-eet. Wait. Aren't you supposed to give this to Katara?"

This is not how it's supposed to happen, I think frantically. Aang had made the necklace for Katara originally, right? I wasn't even in the show! Why is he giving it to me? My part in this scene isn't supposed to count!

Aang looks at me, confused. I look at him, equally confused.

"I thought you liked Katara?" I ask. Aang  looks at me as if I've just suggested he should kiss Sokka. So I just shake my head and try to give him a smile. "Uh... never mind, just ignore what I've just said."

Reaching my hand out, I retrieve the pretty little accessory from Aang's hand and mutter a word of thanks quietly. An awkward silence falls between the two of us.

Just then, Katara walks over to sling her arm around Aang's neck. I silently thank her in my head for coming to dissolve this awkward atmosphere.

"Don't be silly, Luna. Aang's just a good friend, a sweet little guy," she says. I stare at her, my head spinning. Katara doesn't mind? She's not...jealous, or anything? she turns to scratch Momo - who was sitting on Aang's shoulders - behind the ears. "He's just like Momo!"

I smile weakly as Aang says a quiet, "Thanks..."

My mind is boiling with questions. Why did Aang give the necklace to me when instead he should be giving it to Katara? It was that way in the show, I can recall clearly. Doesn't he have feelings for her? I stare at the river miserably, confused and afraid at the same time. Maybe this is just a blip in the show. 

After I put on the dainty little necklace, we decide to pack and be on our way when we hear a man walking towards us. He has a funny moustache on his face, and wearing long robes that look like the ones ancient Chinese wore, in my world.