Chapter 4: Making New Old Friends

A/N: Hey readers! Whazzuuuuup? :D hehe. This chapter is quite long, hope y'all will enjoy this! Because I may not update in around 2 weeks :(

aanyway, this chapter is dedicated to @DeathNote01012 for being the first writer on my message board. thanks for the support! <3

****

When I come to, I'm greeted by three faces - Sokka, Katara, and Aang. I look around, taking in my surroundings. We're in the ruins of an old open-air building. The ceiling is propped up high by crumbling pillars, but it still looks decently safe. There are ivy and moss in every corner of the building, and it smells faintly of flowers. I seem to be lying on something soft and big and warm, what...?

"That's Appa, my flying bison," Aang says cheerfully, answering my unasked question. A growl from the animal greets me. Suddenly, something with big ears jumps onto my head and licks my face. I kind of freak out and flick my head, hard. The creature shrieks and jumps off my head immediately. "And that's Momo, my flying lemur pet," Aang explains while trying to get the irritated animal to calm down.

I just stare.

Wow. It's a freaking dream-come-true. The whole original Team Avatar.

Just... wow.

"Uhh... Ugh... Ummm," is all I can manage, since I'm still in shock.

Katara looks at me all concerned, and with difficulty I finally locate my tongue. "H-hi. Momo, Appa," Appa groans cheerfully back at me while Momo backs away from me, seething. Huh, guess I shouldn't have thrown him off.

Sokka jumps a bit when he hears me talk, as if he's afraid of me, or just suspicious. But Katara and Aang just beam.

"You didn't miss much, you woke up as soon as you landed here," Katara supplies helpfully. "Aang had to airbend to get you up here."

"Sorry about that," I mutter. "I've never fainted before..."

"...But that was after he gave us some frozen disgusting frogs to suck on," she continues, making a face of disgust while saying that.

"Hey, that was to make you guys get better. Would you rather be sick still? You don't know how much trouble it took for me to get those!" Aang argues in disbelief.

"Oh yeah? Maybe you should've just got some proper medicine from a proper doctor, then you wouldn't have to go into that lake to get those stupid frogs!" Katara retorts. Then they start to bicker.

I listen to their conversation with interest. Wow, I must be hallucinating really hard to actually make conversations and interact with the stars of my dreams...

Then, annoyed with myself, I make a promise: I might as well enjoy being here as much as I can.

Because who knows when I'll stop hallucinating and go back to big, empty and hard real life, right? There's nothing exactly for me to look forward to anyway.

Even my own family didn't care enough to be beside me when I woke up.

Meanwhile, Sokka looks at a lost and pretty uncomfortable at having to deal with me, all alone, while the other two fight. I know he's a paranoid guy, so I know I have to work harder to gain his trust.

"Guys, just stop fighting! Can we attend to the real problem here?" Sokka says, gesturing at me.

I feel insulted. I mean, problem? Me? Pshh, never! But I just put on a polite smile.

Aang and Katara stop fighting immediately, and obediently turn to face me again.

"Sorry about that," Aang scratches his bald head while Katara pokes her tongue out at him.