Chapter 18: Back To Life

A/N: Dedicated to @PERSHAHEY because she inspired me to continue this crazy chapter.

On another note, THANKS FOR THE 900++ VOTES!!!

****

Recap: "Luna's past life is actually Katara, my sister."

/////Luna's P.O.V.\\\\\

Of course, after Sokka dropped the bomb, some responses are expected.

I complied by laughing, even though I don't know what's so funny; Katara chooses to stare at her brother like he's lost his mind, muttering "But... But..." to herself; Aang shouts a "What?!" and is also looking at Sokka, expecting answers.

After a minute, I close my eyes, trying to calm my hysterical laughs. Aang is the first to break the tense silence, asking one important question that triggers my brain into thinking.

"If Katara is Luna, how are they appearing in the same place, at the same time?"

How, indeed?

My body tremble, and I feel my palms sweating. I shift in discomfort, remembering when Robert mentioned this girl to me, and I was thinking, perhaps it's someone I don't know, someone whom I'll never meet. I never gave a second thought to Katara, who's younger than me and seems to be a world of difference from me.

But once that statement came out of Sokka's mouth, I know that he is spot on. All the pieces of puzzles fell into place, and I can see them clearly enough. It makes sense!

The first clue: Robert was a water polo player, I'm a swimmer - it could only mean that we're connected by water. Katara is a waterbender.

Second clue: I've always have a special bond with Katara. Like how I always feel like I should protect her. There's always this bordering irrational, overprotective feeling I get when we're near danger, but I thought it was just a sisterly thing. Turns out we're more related than that. We're practically the same person. So I'm simply protecting myself.

And also, there's her brother. I did mention that Sokka resembled my own brother, from the way he cracks jokes, to the way he loves getting new information... I've always felt at home with Sokka, even though we fight a lot. And this explains why.

Fourth clue: everywhere we've ever been to - and I mean everywhere - felt familiar to me. That's what I've been trying to figure out all this time! I knew it is more than just something I'd seen on TV, but I couldn't place it until the moment Sokka made the connection. Plus, I've always find that waterbending is easier for me compared to airbending, because it felt so familiar.

Fifth clue: Aunt Wu said so herself, that she saw my past in here. Maybe she can see it so clearly was because Katara kept on going in and out of her place to get her palms read!

There are so many clues scattered around, it's a wonder we couldn't figure it out earlier!

"My guess is that," Sokka says with a thoughtful look, answering Aang's question while I struggle to come to term with the facts. "Luna is the future Katara. That means she went back in time. We are all her past, so to speak."

Seriously, how does that guy manage to stay so calm at this point?

"I..." I start, swallowing hard. "I think what Sokka said is true. I can feel it."

"But... But how, Luna?" Katara asks with doubt. But even as she asks, I can see the confusion clearing from her face. Surely, she gets it too.

Together with Sokka - who hasn't pieced everything together - I tell Katara and Aang about the clues. Sunlight slowly filters into our room as we do so, but none of us are having the urge to sleep. This strange discovery has left us reeling in aftershock, much like how radioactive waves continue spreading after a bomb has been detonated.