Chapter 5 (Part 2): Truth Revealed

"Can we stop nooowPlease? We've been flying non-stop for two freaking long days!" I whine from the back of Appa's saddle, with my arms hooked on the edge and my legs crossed.

I don't always whine, but when I do, it's always about something serious.

We've been on Appa making our way northwards for almost 48 hours, stopping only to take a toilet break and find something to eat. So far, we've only landed on the grounds of endless forests, and no civilisation can be seen.

During our journey, I've tried explaining what my world looks like and how it works to Katara, Sokka and Aang, and I think they might understand how it works. A bit. Probably. Well, truth is, I don't know how much got stuck in their brains because their eyes kinda glazed over in five minutes since I started talking. I had showed them my phone too, during our long journey.

Flashback to 40 hours ago...

"And this is a smartphone," I proudly demonstrated my modest little smartphone to them, enjoying the expression on their faces. Their mouths were opened so wide I was worried it might fall off. It was priceless. "See? You can take pictures with it, use it to call people, use the internet, and so on and forth." I'd already explain what internet and calling someone means, so at least explaining my phone to them took less work.

Just then, I noticed something weird; the timing on my phone showed that it was 9.24 in the morning. But it was already sunset. My phone was functioning fine before this, so why would the timing be off? Last time I check (which was when I climbed out of the pond into this world), the time displayed was 9.23 a.m. Exactly one minute before this.

Shrugging, I brushed it off as technical problems - since my phone did travel to a different world with me - and quickly snap some pictures of them.

As the pictures came to screen, I snorted out loud and showed it to them.

"What?! How in the world did I get in that small thing?" Sokka exclaimed as he looked at the picture of him examining his ear wax. Sick.

"Hey, Luna, are you sure you're not a magician?" Katara asked in amazement while examining the pretty nice candid shot of her. She hands the phone to Aang.

"Yeah, this is super cool!" Aang says in excitement while taking selfies. Wait. How did he even know how to take selfies?

"Smile everyone!"

Snap.

Aang had taken a picture of all of us in a group selfie, including Momo.

"Jeez, it's like you were born to use this kind of things," I teased while getting my phone back from Momo, who was attempting to eat it.

After a while of playing on my phone - which magically doesn't seem to run out of batteries - I asked them about their previous adventures.

They immediately confirmed my suspicions that everything had happened according to the TV show, so I relaxed slightly. I was worried things would be different from the movie. Apparently Zuko is still pursuing the Avatar, and team Avatar is still heading to the Northern Water Tribe so that Aang and Katara can get a waterbending master. Based on their descriptions, I think the next place we're going to is the village where the fortune teller is.

Finally agreeing with me to take a break, Aang guides Appa carefully and lands at the edge of yet another forest, where there's a wide but shallow river.

"Finally! Solid ground!" I exclaim happily while sliding off Appa's furry tail to hug the earth. What I didn't know was that Appa is also planning to do the same, so when he flops onto the ground, I'm blown into the river. "Hey!" I yell indignantly at Appa after struggling to get out. "I was first! You can't just blow me out of the way just 'cause you're bigger!"