Chapter 12 - Part 1: It Wasn't Much of a Search

A/N: Here's the new chappy, as promised, in another person's p.o.v. Enjoy and tell me whatchu think! ;)

*

/////Katara's P.O.V.\\\\

I am so done with boys. Really.

I've decided that boys are the most ungrateful, annoying, immature and irresponsible species in the whole world.

Here we are, floating in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of treacherous ice berg, looking for the Northern Water Tribe, and there they are, both Aang and Sokka squabbling over whose fault it was that caused Luna to be captured.

Almost makes me wish I hadn't healed Aang with my newfound healing skills after he got knocked by that traitor. Almost.

Oh, Luna. I stare miserably at my reflection in the calm sea. If I only I had helped, you would still be here, ganging up on Sokka with me.

It has been a week - a week! - since Luna got captured. We left the Fire Nation town, devastated, and flew straight to the North. Even though we know that there's an Air Temple in the Northern region, we didn't feel like detouring as Luna had promised to meet us at the Northern Water Tribe. Flying for a few days straight has taken a toll on Appa, so he is currently stroking through in the arctic waters, with us on top looking for my sister tribe.

I still remember the fiery determination in Luna's eyes when she promised to meet us up here. My heart aches for her. I don't know how to explain this, but I feel like some part of me is... missing. Literally. It's like that time when I lost the necklace my mother gave me - I'd suddenly feel so afraid, distraught, and vulnerable. The necklace was the only present my mother gave me, before I lost her to the Fire Nation. It was the beacon of hope and home; without it, I felt lost.

Luna's absence makes me feel that way, only ten times worse.

I had become so used to her laughter, her lame jokes and her attempts to keep our spirits up that I hadn't notice how important she is to us until she's gone. Oh sure, she's beyond weird, like the way she keeps losing her memories, and how she always accidentally blurt out some personal information about us, not to mention that time when she used a word I didn't understand and laughed so hard she nearly passed out...

Even thinking about her is causing me a lot of pain.

Finally, I can't bear to hear the boys' bickering anymore. "Shut UP!" I explode in anger, standing up with my hands fisted by my side. I'm quivering slightly. Sokka and Aang immediately stop throwing insults at each other and look at me with an expression of fear. Momo - who had been dozing peacefully - wakes with a startled cry.

"Look, it's everyone's fault, okay?! I couldn't help her, because I had my hands full. Aang was knocked-out cold, and Sokka... l- let Luna's hand slip a- away." Without warning, my throat closes up and tears suddenly flow down my face uncontrollably. I sit back down and put my head between my knees. My shoulders shake as I try to control my sobs. Guilt and anger is tearing me apart. The Fire Nation killed my mother when I was a kid, and now they've taken away someone I care deeply about. Is this suffering ever going to stop?

Luna is like a sister to me, so fun to be with, yet at the same time, protective. Her loyalty to us reminds me of... well, me. I have noticed that Luna's attitude bears an uncanny resemblance to mine. During our short time together, we almost always have the same thought, and always speak the same thing. It's weird, but nice at the same time. It feels like I'm talking to someone who completely understands me, and I'm glad for the feeling of sanctuary it provides. But now it's gone. She's gone.