Chpt 8: Missing Memories and More Trouble

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @Mountainface for giving me such a wonderful compliment! :D Enjoy!

****

"Do you think she'll be okay?"

"I think so...she looks strong enough."

"Did you see what she did though? That was like... Woah. Waterbending one moment, and the next, she's airbending as if she was born to do that... who is she?"

"I don't know anymore, Aang... Shh! She's coming awake!"

I blink slowly, allowing my eyes to adjust to the soft glow of the room. My eyes wander to the fur-hangings and fur-coats and fur-mats and fur-stuff draped everywhere in it. Nasty. My mind suddenly wonders if those came from live animals. Unable to bear the thought, I quickly avert my glance and my gaze comes to a rest on three people who are sitting cross-legged beside me with huge, relieved grins on their faces.

"Sokka? Aang? Katara?" I ask, slightly confused. "Where are mum and dad? I just saw them moments ago- Ow." My body has decided suddenly that it wants to hurt everywhere. Katara and Sokka exchange uneasy looks.

Observing carefully, I try to make out what they're thinking.

"Be careful, I think your body is really sore," Katara warns. At my confused face, she explains, "All that bending must've caused it."

"Bending? Ow–Holy cow, this hurts a lot! Even bending my finger hurts!" I complain while trying to shift into a sitting position.

"Holy cow?" Aang asks, amused. But Sokka ignores him.

"Yes, bending. You were bending, a few days ago, before you fainted," Sokka says. He doesn't look happy. In fact, he looks kind of angry. I frown. "Who are you, Luna? What are you? I mean– there's only one person who can bend more than one element in this whole world, and it's the Avatar. But you've shown that you can already bend two, and have shown remarkable skills in it. How?"

As I slowly sit up with Katara supporting me, I shake my head. "I don't know, Sokka. I really don't. And I also can't remember that I have ever... bended. Or anything. I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about... I mean, you said it, I've been unconscious for what? A few days? I don't exactly remember what happened before...

"I... remember the volcano, I remember that Aang had tried to stop it and failed. A-and I remember standing there, waiting for the lava. But after that I'm not sure- I have no idea what happened," I finish truthfully. I feel so helpless that I've suddenly lost my memories. I'm barely past 15 and my memory is failing me?

"Well..." Aang starts, scratching his bald head. "You kiinda shut your eyes and airbended yourself into the air when the lava and I were about to reach you, and then you also kiinda airbended a lot of air at the lava, all done in around... 3? No, 4 seconds. Yeah. Then the lava turned solid and the village was saved. Thanks to you."

"Huh?" I'm totally lost.

Katara whispers into Aang's ear quite loudly, "Also, she passed out after that." Aang brightens up and then says to me cheerfully, "After that, you passed out!"

"Er, okay. Um. Wow." Yeah, right. "So. I really did airbend and saved our butts? All while I was unconscious?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant but failing miserably. In truth, my brain is stuck. I can't believe it. I saved a village from being completely destroyed using airbending? Worst of all: I can't recall a thing that I did!

"Yup," Sokka replies, popping the 'p'. "And you have no idea about all of it? Totally none?"

I'm about to groan in frustration when Katara shushes him and says, "That's enough question for a girl who just woke up after being unconscious for a few days!"