Chapter 9: Angry Boy and First Impressions

////Aang's P.O.V\\\\

I don't know what overcame me to do that, to kiss Luna. It seemed right at that time, with the moonlight shining down on us, making Luna's pale skin glow in the moonlight, and her beautiful black eyes glitter like stars. Her eyes were bright and excited from her recent discovery, that she could bend.

Now, looking at the discomfort on her face, I immediately regret my thoughtless action.

"I-I'm sorry. You probably don't feel the same way," I look away, face burning with embarrassment, and also hurt. It sucks, when you like someone, but she doesn't like you back. It really sucks.

"Aang." Even the way she says my name makes my stomach fill with butterflies. From the moment I found her, she's been like a bright light in the dark to me. I was then confused, and constantly angry at myself, even though I didn't show it to Katara nor Sokka. But Luna appearing had kept me calmer, even happier. She has the way to make a person feel that, with her brilliant laugh and honest eyes. Now, her eyes are troubled, and sad. No doubt caused by me.

"It's not that I don't like you," she continues, a blush colouring her cheeks. I keep silent, waiting. "I do like you, but as a great friend, just not in that way. I'm really, really sorry to make you feel hurt."

I sigh softly. It isn't like me to feel this way. "You're... right." My voice breaks slightly. "We should probably stay friends."

I turn away, to hide the tears that are threatening to fall. Come on, Aang, man up! It's just one tiny rejection. But I really liked her! Now I'm arguing with myself. Great.

"Aang..." I can hear hesitation in her voice. "Yes, we should just stay that way. Besides, I'm not sure we're fit for each other. And I'm currently not looking to be involved with anyone."

"But... I think someone else here is interested in you," she continues, and I hear a smile in her voice.

"Who?" I ask, distracted and curious despite of my recent rejection.

"Oh, but I can't tell." She gives me a secretive grin. Her smiles, even a tiny one, is the best part of her, I think. "But I can give you a hint: she's here with us."

"You don't mean... Katara??"

"Shh." She presses a finger against her smiling lip, and turns away, heading back to Bato's. "We need to get back. They'll worry."

I grin in relief. I'm really glad my stupid move back then didn't really affect our friendship much. I'm sure I can get over Luna's rejection soon enough. As long as she's here, and I get to stay with her, I don't mind if we just stay friends.

Now, about Katara...

*

/////Luna's P.O.V.\\\\\

Next morning, I wake up feeling great and energised. Bato had received the letter Aang tried to hide, and he has planned to leave this evening. Aang has been paying more attention to Katara, and I'm glad. This resulted in a good sleep.

I look at the others who are still snoring away peacefully. I look at Aang, and feel a bit of heat in my cheeks. Thank goodness everything had been resolved last night.

I get up silently, careful not to wake the others, and step out of the building. I've never had the chance to appreciate the beauty of this little village last night, and when I'm walking around, I can finally see why the sisters chose this place to build their abbey.

Reaching for my phone - the display time is 9.28 a.m., and the battery is still quite full - I quickly take a few shots of this place for memories. Whenever I meet any of the sisters, I smile and wish them a good morning, despite their staring at my phone. They're very kind to take us in for the night.