Chapter 13

The first thing I heard when I woke up was a loud crashing of thunder. I sat up in my bed and looked out the window. Rain was already pouring outside and lightning was flashing almost constantly. I smiled and got down from the bottom bunk. Once I got down I looked for Ava but she wasn't in her bed. She must have got scared and ran out. I shook my head and laughed walking out the door. I walked to the living room and everyone was there watching the news on our TV. I went over to the couch and sat next to Will. We continued to watch the news. When it went to commercial I was the first one to actually say something.

"What time is it?"

"10:04 in the morning." Will replied without even looking away from the screen.

"How long has this storm been going?" I ask.

"About two hours now and it's not going to stop." Drake said.

"When do you think it is going to stop?" I ask.

"News says not until tomorrow morning." My mom replied. I sighed. I want to go outside and read-

"MY STUFF!" I yelled and shot up. Everyone jumped at my sudden movement.

"What?" Tasha asked.

"My books and guitar in my tent! They could get ruined! I need to go get them!" I said slipping on my vans.

"You're not going out there Fall." My mom said sternly.

"Yes I am, I'm going to go grab my guitar and books." I say already at the door.

"No." She says.

"Too bad." I say opening the door and slipping out. I closed the door behind me and ran straight to my little campsite. Rain was pelting down on my head; the rain was falling so much I could only see a few feet in front of me. Lightning shot out of the grey clouded sky with a giant crack then thunder followed making a very loud boom that echoed through the land. The ground was filled with puddles and mud making it really hard to run in but I ran without falling, surprisingly. Once I reached my tent I unzipped it and jumped in, glad to be out of the rain. I was soaking from head to toe. I looked around for my books and spotted them in my duffel bag. How am I supposed to carry them and my guitar case? I looked around for a bag but couldn't find one. I put my guitar in its case and locked it shut. Then I looked around more for a bag and finally found my hiking bag. I emptied it then shoved all my books in it. Thunder made me jump as I finished shoving the books and some clothes in the bag. I slung the bag over my shoulder and grabbed my guitar case. I jumped out the tent and zipped it back up and ran. The rain was pouring even harder then before. When I finally got back I was so soaking and muddy my mom made me go and take a shower. Once I was finished I got dressed in capris and a turquoise T-shirt. I pulled on my plain grey sweatshirt and some socks because my feet are cold. I walked back to Ava and I's room and made sure all my stuff was ok. Thankfully the only damage was one of my books got a little wet but that's it. I sighed happily. I went back to the living room and sat next to Will. Thomas sat next to me, our shoulders touching. Then he grabbed my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. I smiled and blushed. I looked over and saw Tori giving me a death glare.