twenty seven: thoughts

A/N: Short update! We're near the end of the book :( Are you guys sad? Thanks for 31k reads and 2k votes wow I'm really happy to be able to share this book with you guys!

dedicated to my buddy FrickleFrackleQueen. We both enjoy just chilling, eating and sleeping :)

Kelly's

Saturday Night

Yet another rainy night. Spring isn't supposed to be this gloomy.

Sigh.

I turn down the radio that blared out loud alternative tunes to listen to the raindrops' pitter-patter down the windowpane. The downpour got heavier and heavier by the minute, coupled with lightning bolts that dashed fiercely across the dark night.

"OPEN!" Clayton's rude hollers power through the deafening rain, as he threatens to tear the house down with his violent banging. I hate how drunk he gets after those damned parties. I fly down the stairs to unlock the gate, rushing to open an umbrella so I can shelter him in.

As the automatic gates retract, I notice something.

A car I didn't recognized was parked outside our foyer and there was not one, but two silhouettes by the gate.

He's not alone.

Completely-wasted Clayton, not to mention he stinks like whiskey-induced vomit, fully knocked out already. Arm around the waist for support, his friend staggers closer towards the front door, and my mouth drops agape as the duo moves closer into the light.

"I'll take him from here," I motion to take over the passed out Clayton, but I was ignored and treated as if I were invisible. Exhaling helplessly, I follow suit, sheltering the dripping wet boys into the house.

Upon reaching the bedroom, he hoists Clayton onto the bed while I run to get towels for them. Just as I reach Clayton's bedroom, I see him leaving Clayton's phone and wallet on the bedside table before exiting the room, walking pass me like I was invisible.

"Hey," I call out, softly offering him a tower to wipe dry. Again, he ignores me, adding to my distress. Just as he was about to zoom down the stairs, he carelessly staggers, losing his balance; on the verge of tumbling all the way down.

"Ethan did you drink? You're not driving if you did."

He persists down the stairs as I give chase.

"Ethan!" I scream, pleading for him to stop running away.

He struts out of the door, and the rain comes banging down on him. I struggle to catch up, holding the umbrella high above him. He stops right in front of the car door, breathing heavily. "Don't leave, please." I reach forward, but even before I managed to grab hold of his hand but he pulls it away. He slides into the driver's seat, and I vigorously knock against the tempered windows, screaming his name again and again.

Before I even realized it, the umbrella wasn't in my hands anymore. I was running for my life; running after him. I chase as fast as my legs could carry me, but the gap between us wasn't closing. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see him leave again. I shout, cry, shouting his name until my voice went hoarse, but what use would it do.

He was bent on separation.

And then my knees went weak, and I collapsed on the floor, letting the rain pellet on my face so no one could distinguish my tears.

I just wanted to explain myself.

I just wanted you to listen.

I just wanted you to stay.

I just wanted you.

My eyelids slowly shut, and I lay in the middle of the road with certain sadness sitting within. Maybe it was the absence of happiness. Maybe it was just numb from all the pain. There are many kinds of sadness, and I've never felt this way.

Slowly the pelleting of the raindrops stop, and I wondered how there was no way a rainstorm could end this abruptly. I nimbly open my eyes to see the roof of an umbrella, and the crying sight I had to blink twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Ethan's

Saturday Night

A pair of arms snakes around my waist and I almost forget to breathe. She holds me tight, and I was afraid of her warmth melting my ice walls again. I stop in my tracks to hear two different tracks of hearts beating, but they slowly merged into a single rhythm. My attempts to struggle out of her grip were futile. Her embrace tightens, and her following words made me shiver inside.

"I'm not letting you go anymore."

"Stay with me."

"But-" She gently shushes me off. I drop the umbrella, taking her in my arms. And then I realized that home was no longer a place, but in your arms, and wherever our hearts could beat together.

" I messed up, and I'm really, really sorry.

I never should have broken your trust in me. I'm sorry for making you feel used and unwanted. But I really need you, Ethan. I know there's a lot of stuff I don't know about you and there's a lot that we need to talk about. But I spent 5 nights with you, and that's not enough time. Give me more time, please."

***

A/N: Hey guys, so I'm thinking of entering this book for Wattys 2014... What do you think?