bonus chapter!!

After almost 10 months of a wattpad hiatus, I'm back for about 5 minutes to send you some love in the form of a BONUS CHAPTER !! you asked, and I wanted to write one too so yea... I have fallen too in love with fictional characters and that is bad..

~~~ B O N U S ~~~
Christmas Eve
San Francisco, CA
Union Square

"Kelly, this is absolutely the most boring and old-fashioned way of celebrating Christmas," Ethan laments as he ties the laces on his ice skates tight.

"Why are you always such a wet blanket?" She pulls a glum face at him, a stark contrast to the angel white trench coat she adorned over a simple black sweater.

"Literally all the couples in United States are congleating here. Why can't we be more special?" He stands up, a little wobbly at first but manages to strike his balance on thin, steel blades. He then reaches out to adjust the sleeves of his grey cashmere turtleneck so that they folded just below his forearm.

"Because," she huffs as she follows suit, "anything is special with me." Ethan blows raspberry, ever still so childish. "In a billion years," he spits.

"Plus," Her enthusiasm shoots up "You still suck at ice skating, so you should start learning soon, and now is a great opportunity!" She takes his hands and they waddle slowly towards the ice rink.

"What makes you think I'm so bad at it?"

"Back in Bakersfield you wouldn't even leave. the. children's. metal。 bars."

Ethan smirked, which puzzled Kelly. "Watch me," he pulls a grin across his face and gingerly steps into the rink. Almost effortlessly, he picks up speed and glides across the ice sheet as if it was his domain. Kelly could not believe her eyes; her jaw drops agape in enthrallment.

"Are you kidding me?" She laughs, still standing at the outskirts of the rink. He skates over and comes to rest right in front of her, and for a moment she wondered what he traded with the devil for such agile techniques. "Have you been secretly practicing?" She asks.

He flamboyantly shrugs and sticks out his tongue at her. She joins him on the ice and quite ironically, he steadies her. "Look who is helping who now." He chirps.

"Seriously, how did you improve so fast?" She was bedazzled.

"I sought consultation from a teacher better than you."

"I swear you drive me crazy."

"You too." He echoes.

They glided around to the Michael Bubblè tunes that filled the air with Christmas joy, careful not to bump into children. They challenged each other to 'Fastest person to complete 3 rounds wins' and of course, Ethan won (with his astounding new skills) and Kelly reluctantly admitted defeat.

They pace towards the side of the rink which overlooked a humongous, 40 feet tall pine tree decorated with glitter, colorful ornaments and a star at the top. "Don't start bragging; cos you haven't won."

"Oh babe I already have," his tone drops an octave, and Ethan smirks again. His smirks has always and will forever continue to annoy her, but deep down she thinks it's kinda hot though. (GET THE REFERENCE)

"I won your heart." He blows a kiss at her and she pretends to puke, but still unable to conceal the smile playing on her lips.

"You can't hide it! I see it!" He sings, using his fingers to push the sides of her mouth up to form a U-shape. "You look cuter like that." He snickers at her pufferfish face.

"You are crazy,"

"Nah, I'm Ethan."

They both burst out laughing. It wasn't funny; frankly it is quite lame and childish. But both of them enjoyed each other's company entirely. Perhaps it was a special connection between two idiots who just happen to have the worst sense of humor. Perhaps.

"You're so full of garbage and I hate you." She pulls him into a hug.

"Ahem, Love, ahem." He pretends to cough, while an arm drapes across her waist.

"By the way, you won't need to steal my heart. It'll be your Christmas gift." She chirps, nestling her head into his comfy pullover.

"Oh really? I think I deserve more than that."

"Like?" She knew what he was hinting at. She knew him all too well.

He made some terribly embarrassing smooching sounds.

"I'm not kissing you here!" She protests, afraid of the judgemental states from passers-by.

"Drop the pretense, Baker; you're far from shy." She nudges him in the shoulder. Looking around, she decides the coast is clear. When no one was looking, she tilted her head up to peck him softly on the left cheek, and almost instantly her face turns a shade of embarrassed pink.

"Next time, kiss here" He points to his lips.

~ T H E • E N D ~

😭😭I miss this story so much...