Prologue

A winged girl had just been dragged into the lab from under the command of Ra'az Al Ghul in a unconscious state. Her large flight feathers cut to prevent her from flying as she is thrown into a cage that is settled next to another girl. The winged one groaned after being thrown in and started to wake up but instead of being calm, she started to hyperventilate and panic. "W-where am I?" she stuttered and curled in a back corner of the cage from fear.

The scientist from CADMUS who had just carelessly dragged the girl into the other cage approached a different section where the second girl is. The girl shivered and appeared to be no older then 9. A smirk can be seen forming on the scientist as he reaches in with rough arms and injects the poor girl with a serum. A serum that causes her internal pain. "Your going to have fun today little one." He smirks.

The new girl gulped nervously and her wings quivered in fear from not knowing where or who she was just from these people alone. She didn't understand why but she already had a fear of men. But she felt that this other girl had just as much trouble and fear as she did. "W-who are you?" she whispered nervously over to the other girl in the cage. "Are you okay?"

The girl looks up but only briefly as she manages to whisper out two words including her name, "Sca-Scarlett. Na-no" She stays curled up in her little warm ball as she shudders and cries out in pain. The serum taking effect on her frail body already.

"I-it's nice to meet you Scarlett. I-I'd tell you my name but I don't have one. I don't even know who I am." she murmured to her and slowly moved closer, offering her hand in support to Scarlett and to show that she would help her through this.

Scarlett whimpers and flinches from the hand being outstretched towards her, even if it was a pure gesture of kindness. Scarlett shuddered dramatically, for a girl who has been experiencing this treatment since she was 4, it still traumatized her. Scarlett can't help but noticing, from the small circle window in the far corner of the room, moonlight shining on what remains of the girls feathers in front of her. "The moon." She simply replies as it glints.

The man had been monitoring Scarlett to ensure the serum didn't take any drastic effect but he was also watching the connection take place between the two frail girls. "Interesting." He takes note realizing this would be useful later on in their research.

She pulled back and sighed, curling up in the corner while wrapping herself in her wings as best she could. Her wings acting as a blanket even though the larger flight feathers were cut and allowed cold to seep in. "M-my wings have always seemed to shimmer in the moonlight." she whispered softly to Scarlett, shivering like crazy.

Scarlett watches, the glimmering reminding her of the sparkles from her own wings when she flies with full capability. She sadly hasn't seen those sparkles for years. "They're beautiful." She murmurs to the girl opposite of her.

"Thanks Scarlett. I-I'm sorry you're stuck like this." she murmured and shivered, somehow not used to sleeping on hard floors or in cold cages. "I-is it always so cold in here?" she asked softly, being stuck in a tank top and shorts that were a dull grey color. It was what they had forced her to put on.

Scarlett gives a slow gentle nod, "y-yes," but before she can continue on with the sentence she cries out in more pain again. "Ma-make it stop." She calls out with faint tears flooding to her eye ducts. "Th-they don't car-care about us  kee-keeping warm." She stutters with her eyes firmly shut now.

A laugh can be heard from the scientist now, "it's working" he cheers in a maniac way as he continues to observe Scarlett. "Soon little one, you will wish you were still feeling this pain." He teases Scarlett before giving a quick glance to the winged girl.

Moonari glanced at him and gulped, whimpering even more as she pulled her head under her wings. His maniac-like cheers already terrifying her all the way to the core. Now she didn't want to receive any treatments nor did she need any but she knew she wouldn't have a choice. "P-please, h-help her." she begged even though she knew it would be useless.

The man notices Moonari speak up to him and gives her a stare with an evil grin. "Oh so you want me to help her." He mockingly pouts to her. "But the thing is little one, she's not going to receive help." His frown turns into a grin. "But don't worry, your not going to be receiving the same treatment. Not today anyway." He adds on evilly.

Moonari squeaks in fear and curls up as tight as she could. She didn't like how this man was talking and how he seemed so dark. Though, she felt that she had already dealt with men like him in more than one way. Her clipped feathers were a clear sign of that.

Another scream can be heard from the girl as this time it causes her to pass out, falling into the unconscious state. For Scarlett though, that is all she wanted.

The man notes this and frowns, "well then, longer then you went last time subject 56." He smugly comments as he writes down some notes into his clipboard. He looks to the winged girl and laughs, "be glad it isn't you," before reaching into where Scarlett was and roughly pulling her out.

"L-leave her alone." Moonari murmurs from her little ball of feathers, not wanting to be left alone in this cage because she had already felt a sense of loneliness. She was already worried about Scarlett and she had just met this girl.

With that the guy just shrugs and walks away with Scarlett in his grasps ready for the days testing and experiments. Later on he did return, the girl shivering and weak but it was from there on, that the pair's relationship took off. They basically become sisters during that time due to how close they were from needing support and having no sense of family. It was surprising to see and experience just how close they would become as sisters in future events yet to come.