Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Ezra

*

It’s been four days since I saw anyone but I had to take care of my street problems first. That shit wasn’t for me even though it was fast money but it was too much of a risk not only for me but Bella and Alyssa so I had to get out.

Crazy thing about it though was when the guy that was over everything came to me first talking about he know this not the type of lifestyle I want.

It wasn’t but shit happens.

I didn’t really know what to think that day when he was loading the gun and telling me it was only one way out but he just told me to go home and stay out the streets. Now had he not let me walk away that easy I would have been shot or been the person killing somebody else.

I ain’t even gonna lie I’m not about that life. It’s certain situations I’m put in when I feel like I need to kill someone, I’m not just gonna go out and kill somebody cause I was told to.

Fuck that shit, I gave out. The whole time I was gone for those four days babymama was blowing me up but I just couldn’t answer the phone.

I know she was missing me because I was missing her too but I just couldn’t do it.

Anyways I was walking back to my house just thinking about life itself. I gotta do better than what I been doing. I need to do a lot of shit with my life and I need to figure out what because I’ll be graduating next year.

I got to my house and unlocked the door going in. It was quiet for a Saturday morning but I went to my room and didn’t see Zoey but Alyssa was sleep in her crib. I just smiled and left out the room to go find Zoey. When I finally did she was in the kitchen cooking her something to eat I guess.

“Zoe.” I said.

She turned around and looked at me then ran over and jumped in my arms…literally. She wrapped her legs around me and I just held her while her head was in the crease of my neck. She started crying.

“…don’t leave me again…” she cried.

“Stop crying Zoey.” I said still holding tightly onto her.

“I thought something happened to you.”