Chapter 9

Chapter 9

LaMaya

“Mom, I need to talk to you…” I said sitting down at the kitchen table next to my baby brother, John, he was in fifth grade.

“What is it?” my mom asked.

I didn’t want to tell her because I know how she is and she’ll kick me out but I don’t want her to find out later on by someone else and my dad is going to flip.

“Um…I kind of have something to tell you…can you promise not to yell at me?” I said looking up from hands scared for my life.

She looked me dead in the eyes and I couldn’t even look away, she knew.

“Are you going to tell me?” she asked looking away as my dad walked in from work. Great! Just great!

“What’s going on?” he said taking a seat.

“Lala has something to tell us.” She said.

“What is it?” he asked.

All eyes were on me.

“I…I..um…” I stopped.

“You’re pregnant?” my mom said with her hands on her hips.

“Mom…just let me explain…” she cut me off.

“…I can’t believe you went and got pregnant. I did not raise you that way. Do you know who the dad is? LaMaya how are you going to take care of a child when you can’t take care of yourself? How? Why were you having sex in the first place?!” She yelled at me and my dad didn’t even say anything.

“Wow, I can’t believe this LaMaya.” My dad said.

Tears streamed down my face as they kept yelling at me and I just couldn’t take it. I had to go, I got up from the table and ran out.

“LaMaya don’t you walk out that door!” she yelled.

I didn’t listen to her, I kept running. Why was the world against me?

I fucking hate my life so much. I didn’t know where I was going but I was not going back there so they could sit and judge me all day. I didn’t need it. I just walked I didn’t care where my feet took me.