» ᶠᴵᶠᵀᵞ-ᶠᴵᵛᴱ «

"there it is!" "go go go!" "AHHH!"

the rest of the family burst into laughter as wooyoung, mingi, and san dove at a small plastic egg hidden in a bush. they fought for it for a few moments, before san victoriously held it up, yelling "I GOT IT!"

the family was just about to end their twelfth annual tradition of going easter egg hunting in their backyard. they'd been doing it since yunho was five.

"no fair! i totally had it first." "no way, it was all mine!" "ha! losers!" san teased.

"san got the last egg, now everyone come sit and count your eggs." "and no one is a winner, let's not make this a competition like we do every year." seonghwa said and chuckled.

"th-they just d-did make it-t a.. com..competition." yeosang giggled.

"brings back memories of our second time doing it." yunho laughed. "really? you remember that?" "a little bit, yeah."

"i definitely remember it." hongjoong smiled.

>>FLASHBACK<<

"ready... set...... go!" seonghwa yelled.

the six toddlers ran off, all yelling and screaming every time they found an egg.

wooyoung and san both found an egg at the same time, so they decided to play rock paper scissors because "that's what the cool kids did." the only problem was that they didn't know how to play, so wooyoung just snatched the egg and ran.

while san began to have a meltdown over his stolen egg, yeosang stood next to seonghwa, holding his parent's hand as seonghwa guided him to find each egg. he wasn't showing it, but the parent's heart was bursting at how cute yeosang was, as he smiled proudly every time he found an egg.

with san crying and wooyoung screaming, yunho and jongho teamed up to look for eggs, while mingi got distracted by a caterpillar he found on the sidewalk.

it was quite chaotic. but it was fun.

"boys, there are three eggs left. let's see who gets them! remember, though, it's not a competi-"

"I FOUND ONE!" "I FOUND THE OTHER!"

"where's the last one?" wooyoung asked, as he, yunho, and san ran into the same area. all their eyes went to the last egg, and at the same time, they all ran with their tiny legs towards it.

san ended up falling before he could reach it, resulting in him crying again, and yunho's slightly longer legs helped him get to the egg first.

"aw man!" wooyoung yelled, slamming his basket on the ground and plopping down with his arms crossed.

"come on, woo, it's okay, you have eggs too.." hongjoong said, picking up the sulky toddler and grabbing his basket as well.

the parents gathered everyone in the grass, sitting in a circle and telling the kids to open all of their eggs. wooyoung was still sulky, so he kept his arms crossed and his lips in a pout, while mingi was too busy playing with the caterpillar to care about his eggs.

yeosang and jongho immediately began to eat their candy they pulled out, while the rest were separating the coins from the candy.

for a moment, there was peace and quiet.

then mingi began to scream and cry.

"wha-" "BUGGY IS IN MY SHIRT! AHHH! HELP ME!" mingi screamed and stood up, jumping around to try to get it out. hongjoong opened the bottom of the child's shirt, letting the bug fall into the grass.

"is buggy okay.." mingi asked, instantly digging to find the caterpillar.

before he could pick it up, hongjoong grabbed it, secretly flicking it behind him while saying "actually, it's buggy's bedtime, he's gonna go to sleep now."

"are you sure, dada?" mingi asked.

"yes, uh... daddy is.. a friend of buggy's! buggy says he's tired right now." hongjoong replied, trying his best to keep the toddler from having a mental breakdown over a caterpillar.

"open your eggs, mingi, let's see what candy and money you got." seonghwa suggested.

"oh.. okay.." mingi replied.

>>END OF FLASHBACK<<

"as much as i miss you guys being that little, i definitely do not miss that chaos."

"man, i wouldn't be surprised if it was a daily occurrence that one of you would befriend a bug and we would have to separate you without making you upset." seonghwa said and laughed.

"hey, at least we befriended them and didn't eat them like san would do." wooyoung said. everyone laughed as san yelled an offended "hey!"

seonghwa suddenly wrapped his arms around jongho, pulling him into a hug.

"i still remember when this one could fit in the smallest baby carrier we had. we called you our little marshmallow because of how small you were." "stop.." jongho whined and smiled.

"life may seem crazy now but oh god was it insane when you all were much younger."

"yeah, for real. someone could write our family's life down in a book and it would get famous because of how interesting and crazy it is." seonghwa laughed.

"someone should do that. then we can easily look back at memories." yunho added.

"yeah, like when yeosang broke his arm." "or when we did that school play. was it rapunzel?" "yeah, it was. i still remember going to see you guys do that." hongjoong said.

"or when someone dragged me out of school." mingi said teasingly.

"i h-had to! y-you weren't.. lis..listening!" yeosang responded, causing the family to laugh.

"it was kind of funny when you guys would fight as toddlers. none of you had any strength so you never actually hurt each other, yet you'd cry every time you'd get hit. your dramatic meltdowns were tiring but a little funny." seonghwa explained.

"and the humor made it worse, every time i would even chuckle you guys would cry more and claim i didn't care! i did care, it was just hilarious, i didn't know how to make you calm down!" hongjoong added.

"i can't believe you two managed to handle six demon children all at once." wooyoung said.

"well, some of you were more calm. but you all had your moments, where you'd be so upset that there was nothing we could do." seonghwa responded.

yayy i got another chapter out in a good amount of time! i figured i do a little easter special lmao. you have no idea how grateful i am for almost 160k reads, this book is growing so fast and it's crazy. thank you all so much I LOVE YOU!!! STAY SAFE AND WASH YOUR HANDS <333