» ᴱᴸᴱᵛᴱᴺ «

"hey, hongjoong?" "yeah?" "we got a letter from the local police office. they're telling us who the intruder was." seonghwa yelled, and hongjoong quickly approached.

"it says..." "oh my god, it was san and jongho's biological dad." "that makes a lot of sense, sadly."

seonghwa sighed. hongjoong looked up at him. "what's wrong?" "nothing, i'm just worried now. you know i'm gonna be paranoid about the kids for the next few weeks, or possibly months." "yes, i know. i don't blame you, to be honest." hongjoong chuckled.

they both sighed, this time together.

"i miss them, thank god school is ending soon."

"are you excited? i'm so excited—this is the kids' first performance on stage! hopefully they'll do well.." seonghwa muttered to hongjoong. they were sitting in the school's small auditorium, where the preschool and kindergarten classes were performing plays, which the preschool's was the story of rapunzel.

"yeah, i'm so excited. wait, what were they even cast as?" "well, since they're doing the original story do rapunzel, i think.. san is the prince, i think mingi is the husband of the original couple, yunho is the wife, and jongho is some kind of pet, i think... then wooyoung and yeosang.. honestly i don't know the other two." "i guess we'll find out soo-"

hongjoong stopped when the lights dimmed. they waited in silence, before the curtains opened.

"oh, how i am so excited for our baby!" yunho suddenly exclaimed, dressed like a woman as he played a wife. hongjoong and seonghwa almost screamed.

"yes, we've been waiting s-so.. waiting so long, my d-dear. i must fetch something, stay here."

the small amount of parents all let out quiet "awes" as they found mingi cute. the poor boy was dying of nervousness, despite being watched by only a little group of excited parents.

mingi then walked offstage, and yunho (who was getting super into the role) sat prettily on a bench. he glanced over at the garden, then exclaiming.

"oh! is that rapunzel? oh my—i must eat it."

mingi then walked back, and they continued.

eventually, there was a scene change. a little girl playing the evil witch had taken the fake baby from mingi after making the deal in the story, and they were setting up for when rapunzel grew up.

another girl, who was playing rapunzel, had a giant wig, that ran all the way down the five foot tower.

she started to sing, as, suddenly, san and yeosang came on, riding fake horses. seonghwa started crying at how cute they looked in their little prince outfits.

san stopped, blocking yeosang from moving any further. they both looked up at the girl.

"young lady! your voice soothes my ears! what are you doing in a tower like that?" san exclaimed. he, like yunho, was excited to act, and took his role quite seriously. it was cute. yeosang, who played the prince's assistant, just stood silently for the whole scene.

"it is my mother, she does not allow my leave from here." "well, if you must not leave, then i must enter. how may i get myself up to you?"

"my hair is the only way to get up." "doesn't that hurt?" "not at all, it's too long."

san laughed. "you, go fetch someone to help me bring this girl down. we are going to save her from this tower. go on, get someone." san said, suddenly tapping yeosang, who'd spaced out in his silent standing.

yeosang snapped back to reality, nodding slowly, then pretending to ride his horse away.

hongjoong and seonghwa were waiting in the hallway next to the backstage doors, where the kids were about to come out from.

the doors finally opened, and all the parents who came to the play were clapping. first, the girl who played rapunzel walked out, with san following. he cheered out loud as he was proud of himself. then came the evil witch's tiny actress, then yunho and mingi. following all of them came yeosang, some other kids, then jongho and wooyoung. since the kids were tired (except for woosan, who were bubbling with energy), the parents each had to carry two kids. they hauled all the children out to the car to finally go home.

"mama, did we do good?" san asked excitedly.

seonghwa was tucking each kid in, one by one, before hongjoong was going to read them a story to get them to sleep. the father immediately smiled.

"yes, of course. you all did great."

"yay!" san exclaimed, causing the others to whine at his loudness. he quickly muttered a "sorry."

"hey," hongjoong said as he walked in. "are you guys ready for the story?" "yeah!" "ok." "do you want me to stay in here?" seonghwa asked. "no, it's fine. go get some rest, i'll read to them then i'll be back in soon."

seonghwa stood up, stretching for a moment then walking out after saying goodnight to the kids.

he waited in the room for a while, before he he became impatient. the father walked out of the room and into the hallway to wait for hongjoong to be finished. "-and they lived happily ever after. the end." he heard hongjoong almost whisper, the door then opening and him walking out.

seonghwa smiled and glanced into the room, seeing all of the kids, sound asleep. they both sighed.

"i love them so much. i can't imagine life without them." "yeah. i can't imagine what would've happened if we didn't find yunho, or if we only chose one from the wooyoung and san duo, i can't imagine what would've happened if we didn't find mingi that one day, or if i never came across the adoption website for yeosang, or if san's mother didn't have jongho. i so glad all of that did happen, though, because look at us now." "stop! you're making me cry!" hongjoong said, laughing a bit.

the parents then embraced each other before walking back into their bedroom to sleep.

i feel like i sometimes focus this too much on yeosang, hes my ult bias so i'm sorry

i also feel like i say sorry too much and i oop