» ᴺᴵᴺᴱ «

"we're gonna be running even lower on money soon, if we don't do something to change it."

"i already payed the bills—what's the problem, now?"

"i mean, think about it. we live in a two bedroom and one bathroom house because of high expenses, we're raising six children, and only one of us has a small, not big paying job." hongjoong explained.

"so.. what are we gonna do?" "well, most importantly, we'll both need jobs." "what about the kids?" "we can hire the babysitter—or even a nanny."

"alright, then i'll look for jobs tomorrow." seonghwa replied to the sudden job plan.

for some background, it was, at the time of their conversation, almost two in the morning. the parents were up because san and jongho couldn't seem to sleep, so they stayed up with the restless kids until they finally fell asleep. the parents were exhausted, and so they also went to their room and went to sleep.

yeosang woke up at the sound of something falling. he lifted his head from his pillow, seeing someone rush out the door. he got up and ran out behind the person, and tapped them on the shoulder.

the figure turned around, revealing he was mingi.

he had a bag in his tiny hand, and seemed to be a little upset about something. yeosang gave him a confused look, as if asking what he was doing.

"i-i'm leaving. you wouldn't understand."

his whisper made yeosang immediately become even more worried. "b-b-but.. s-so y-y... so y-young?"

"i know i'm young, but—i don't really know. again, you wouldn't understand. i just don't feel happy, i want to find a place where i can be happy."

"m-m-min..gi..." yeosang tried to persuade him.

but, before he could do much more, the child began walking out the door. yeosang grabbed his brother's arm and tried his best to use his tiny strength to pull mingi back into the home. mingi continued pulling.

"m-mama! mama!" yeosang cried out.

his yell quickly woke up hongjoong and seonghwa, and they immediately jumped out of bed, then running to the door, where yeosang was crying.

he kept yelling, "mingi! mingi!"

both parents rushed out the door, seeing a tiny figure trying to run away amidst his panic.

luckily for the parents, he tripped and fell over, giving them just enough time to catch up to him before he could continue running. the child was starting to cry, as they parents approached him.

seonghwa picked him up and cuddled him closely, despite mingi trying to kick and punch him away.

after comforting him for a few more minutes, the upset child eventually calmed down, and gave up. he cried as seonghwa didn't let go of the hug.

they took him back up to the house, as hongjoong told all the kids to go to bed while seonghwa brought mingi into his and hongjoong's room, since he was just going to have mingi sleep with them. while seonghwa was bringing the child in, as hongjoong was leaving the kids' room, jongho tugged on his shirt.

"i-i want sleep with mommy and daddy." he frowned.

"no, baby, because mingi doesn't feel well, so mommy and daddy have to take care of him. it's okay, you have all of your brothers here with you." hongjoong said, but he felt bad. he felt bad for all six of them.

"where's your brother?" baekhyun asked in his high pitched voice. "he's not feeling well." yunho replied.

"why? is he sick?" "no, it's kind of hard to explain. i don't really understand it, so i can't explain it. all i know is something bad happened, and mingi had to sleep with mommy and daddy, and had to stay at home."

"do any of you understand?" baekhyun suddenly asked the rest of the brothers. "you're so nosy." san blurted our before acting like he hadn't said a word.

"he saw it happen." wooyoung pointed at yeosang.

"what happened? did he die? i bet he died." baekhyun blabbered on and on. yeosang rolled his eyes.

"h-he.." yeosang started, and the whole table turned around, a bit surprised at his attempts at saying words with no guidance. "h-he r-r.. he r-r-ran." "he ran? ran where? and what for?" "r-ran a-aw..away." "from home?" yeosang nodded his head.

"ohh, well then, i don't understand it either. hey, when you get home, tell him i miss him!" "ok."

they all sat in silence for a moment. the other four were wondering why yunho had suddenly made this friend, and invited him to their table.

"hey, you should ask your mommy and daddy if we could have a play date. it would be so fun!"

baekhyun's suggestion earned a nod from yunho, an eye roll from yeosang and san, an aggressive nod from wooyoung, and no reaction from jongho. "what do your mommy and daddy look like? i'm curious!" baekhyun suddenly blurted, and the kids thought for a moment.

"well, mommy has pretty blonde hair, and mommy is tall. daddy is short, and he has long hair." yunho explained. baekhyun got excited.

"m-my, my mommy, she has short brown hair, and she can sing, a-and dance, and i don't know where my daddy went. mommy said that he wanted to go somewhere else, so he went there instead of at our house."

baekhyun's explanation was confusing. the kids had no idea what he meant, but just went with it.

sorry i feel like this chapter is a little short :(
don't worry i'll try to make more long ones
thanks for 700+ reads uwuwuwuwuwu