» ᵀᵂᴱᴺᵀᵞ-ᵀᵂᴼ «

"hey, wooyoung." san said as he passed the bathroom, where his younger brother was applying something to his face. san suddenly stopped.

"wait, what's that?" he asked.

"this? it's makeup, san. i've been using it for a while now, you never noticed?" "well, yeah, but i thought it was only a few things. but i saw the counter and now i'm confused." san explained, pointing at the bathroom counter that was crowded with products.

"this isn't all mine. most of it though." wooyoung said, smiling as san walked into the bathroom.

"how much do you put on? like what do you use?" "i would list them, but you won't know what any of it is." "no, i would-" san paused and looked at the counter.

"you're right, i have no idea what any of this is."

wooyoung glanced at the older, who was confusedly staring at the mountain of products all over the place.

"you know, you should try it out." he suggested.

san looked back at his brother. "try it? i don't know, i've never put stuff like this on my face. does it hurt?" "nope." "will it kill me?" "no, why do you think i wear it?" "can i take it off?" san asked frantically.

wooyoung held up a makeup remover box with an annoyed look on his face.

san took a deep breath. "fine. but only today."

wooyoung smiled widely and started digging through all the cosmetic products, trying to find things that he thought would fit san.

"so? how do you like it?" wooyoung said while san stared at himself in mirror for a while with no reaction.

"it's... amazing. i look like a freaking model!"

san started jumping around and yelling, taking breaks in between his insanity to calmly check himself out in the mirror again.

san's screaming obviously caused the parents to hear him, and seonghwa came walking to the bathroom, confused as to why it sounded like his child was dying or something. the parent looked a bit worried.

"mom! look!" san yelled and pointed to his face.

"why are you wearing makeup—" seonghwa stopped when he saw wooyoung standing behind san with a creepy smirk on his face.

"ah, i see. you look cute!" he said and squished san's cheeks, which made the child annoyed.

"mommm.. i'm almost twelve. you don't need to baby me anymore." san said and pouted. seonghwa laughed. "sure, mr. tucks-in-his-plushies." he said, ruffling the pouty child's hair.

"do you boys have your homework done? i know you're enjoying your weekend but you have school again tomorrow." "yes, mom."

"yeosang! guess what!" beomseok yelled to the younger as he ran to walk next to him.

yeosang tilted his head in confusion.

"so, for the past couple of weeks, since i wanted to be able to talk to you better, i thought i should learn sign language, but like, since you can understand me talking and stuff, i thought i should just be able to understand someone else doing it, so that you can talk easier. so i have all the basics down, and i'm slowly getting better at it, so just do it slowly, and if i don't know something, you can spell it out. does that work?" beom explained in full detail, with eagerness in his voice.

yeosang shyly smiled. he was touched that someone who wasn't his own family would go out of their way to learn sign language so that they could talk to him easily.

'ok.. so you can understand me right now?' "yep!"

the pair smiled at each other before they started walking down the sidewalk. school had just ended, and beomseok had to walk home from school, so yeosang had started going with him and having hongjoong or seonghwa pick him up at beom's house.

beomseok stared at yeosang for a few moments before putting his hand on the younger's head.

"you know.. you're really small." he muttered.

yeosang whirled his head around and smacked the older on the shoulder. "no no no, i didn't mean it as an insult, i think a better word is.. tiny." he said and laughed.

yeosang crossed his arms and pouted.

"hey, in my defense, i have two older sisters who are well above the average height for their ages. plus both of my parents are relatively tall, so just being around someone smaller than me is kind of nice. i like tiny, it's cute."

yeosang let his arms fall back to his sides and the angry pout he once had left his face.

beomseok looked up at the sky. "it's really cloudy, and it rained earlier, i wonder if it'll—" he stopped when he heard yeosang let out a quiet cry.

when he looked back down, yeosang was frantically rubbing his eye, on the verge of tears.

they both stopped walking and beomseok knelt down in front of yeosang, dropping his bag and slowly lifting the younger's hands off his eye to inspect it. there was nothing wrong with it, but whatever just happened had made yeosang upset and start crying, also partly because it irritated his eye and made him tear up.

"what happened?" beomseok asked as he stood back up and wiped away yeosang's tears with his hands.

'a raindrop fell in my eye when it was open and now my eye really hurts...' yeosang signed to the older and covered up his face with his long bangs and his hands.

"aww, i'm sorry.. well, let's get home quickly, it's starting to rain." beomseok said, picking up his bag, then starting to run as rain started to come down heavier and heavier. yeosang was running behind him, but wasn't able to keep up with beom.

beomseok noticed yeosang was getting further and further away, so he stopped and waited for a moment.

once yeosang caught up, beom grabbed his hand.

they then both darted down the sidewalk as the rain continued to build up. by the time the house was in view, it was pouring rain, and beomseok's mom was anxiously waiting on the front porch for them.

they finally ran up to the door, and beom's mom let them both in before going in herself.

"i'm sorry, boys, i didn't realize it would rain today. beom, could you go grab yeosangie a blanket please?" the mother asked.

while beomseok was getting the blanket, the mom realized that yeosang had been crying.

"hey, it's ok, sweetheart, your daddy is gonna be here any minute now. i really appreciate you staying with beomseok and walking him home even though you both knew it would rain." she said to reassure him.

yeosang smiled weakly, rubbing his eyes in an effort to try to stop crying.

beomseok finally came back, holding a big, soft blanket and walking towards yeosang. the older's mother took off yeosang's dripping wet coat, going to roll out the water in the sink while beom put the blanket over the younger's shoulders and wrapped it around him.

eventually, hongjoong showed up, and yeosang ended up taking the blanket with him home.

i just saw monsta x last night and it was one of the best nights of my life