» ᴱᴵᴳᴴᵀᴱᴱᴺ «

"EVERYONE WAKE UP!" a sort of high pitched voice screamed. "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!"

currently, the date was july 10th. it was san's eleventh birthday. yes, more time passed. the kids were growing up very fast.

yunho, being the one who shared rooms with san, jumped awake from his brother's screaming. he groaned when he saw san, wearing only a t-shirt and underwear, standing triumphantly on his bed as if he'd just saved the world, or something.

suddenly, the door opened, revealing an energetic wooyoung and a sleepy yeosang.

wooyoung yelled, ran into the room, and started jumping on san's bed with his older brother. yeosang just rubbed his eyes and stood in the doorway.

san and wooyoung's continuous screaming awoke the rest of the household, the parents being the last one to wake up. once they were awake, hongjoong came into san's room to investigate the crazy screaming going on while seonghwa worked up the strength to actually get out of bed.

"is that a birthday boy i hear?" hongjoong said as he peeked around the corner of the doorway.

san yelled some more as hongjoong patted yeosang's head, then walking into the room to embrace the screaming kid.

seonghwa walked in after, pretty much snatching san out of hongjoong's hands and hugging him even tighter than the previous parent did. "my baby is already eleven! i remember when you were only two!" he exclaimed, spinning in circles and making the kids laugh.

once he put san down, everyone paused.

"so, what do you want to do today? we could go to the park, we could invite baekhyun over, we could go swimming, or-"

"let's go to the beach!" san screamed.

seonghwa and hongjoong paused and looked at each other. the older parent shrugged, and hongjoong just turned back to face san. "alright, then, everyone get changed, we're going to the beach!"

"you WHAT?" san screamed.

the kids were currently all sitting in a circle in the sand, right where the water barely touched. they'd invited baekhyun to the beach with them, so they were all talking to each other while playing with the sand.

"yeah, i have a boyfriend." baekhyun said.

the kids' jaws were dropped. well, all except mingi and yeosang. mingi was too busy with his sandcastle to pay attention, and yeosang just wasn't shocked.

"i thought you weren't gay?" "i'm not, i just kind of liked him. i still like girls." the child explained.

suddenly, the tide came in strongly, bringing mingi's sandcastle tumbling down. he watched in horror as every grain of sand went falling down into the cold water, while all the kids were screaming, because of the water knocking them over.

mingi began to scream as well, but for different reasons. the kids were each eventually picked up and brought back to the umbrella by the two tired parents.

seonghwa, while carrying jongho and wooyoung back, noticed how unbothered the younger was.

jongho looked angry. seonghwa just shrugged it off.

once they got everyone back to the umbrella, hongjoong gathered them all up. "you guys are literally all ten and eleven. you don't need to throw fits when you get a little wet or when your sandcastle falls down. you—"

"sorry." yunho finally blurred out, frowning.

hongjoong sighed. "it's fine. why don't you all go swim? we can't stay here for much longer."