» ᵀᴴᴵᴿᵀᵞ «

"hey, yeosang, can i talk to you?"

beomseok fiddled with his fingers nervously as yeosang approached him, nodded, and waited for him to explain. school had just ended, and they were on the side of the building, standing on a small sidewalk. there was barely anyone there, and it was a bit more private.

"so... you know... my family is really going through a lot... you've seen it in my behavior, it's just not good... our dog passed away.. my mom lost her job.. my older sister is going to college and is really low on funds... and it's just a lot to deal with..." he began. yeosang nodded gently and put his hands behind his back.

"and normally, i would need you for comfort, but.. right now, i just need some space. i need a break."

'so, what are you saying?' yeosang asked.

"i wanted to ask... if.. i-if we could just.. take a br-break.. not for good, but just for enough time that i can kind of recharge myself." beomseok spoke shakily.

yeosang froze for a few moments.

'you... you mean break up?'

"well, kind of... like... temporarily, i guess.."

yeosang froze again, emotions filling him. but he tried to keep a neutral look on his face, as he didn't want to worry beomseok. but it felt like he'd been stabbed.

he finally nodded, basically agreeing on it.

"ok... i'm gonna be missing school for a while... i'll come back once i feel ready, then we can try again. ok?"

yeosang nodded and slowly looked down. beomseok sighed, reaching over and stroking the back of the younger's head to try to comfort him a little. he knew this was a bit of a short notice, but he really needed to have some space as soon as possible.

it then became obvious that yeosang was crying, as his head was shaking with every silent cry he let out.

beomseok went down on his knees, so he was slightly below eye level with yeosang, quickly wiping the younger's tears with his sleeves.

"sangie, please don't cry... i'll come back, don't worry.. it'll be okay. we can both have some time to heal, and then we'll both be ready to continue this, and it'll be even better than before. it's alright, baby." he said.

'i'm... i'm gonna miss you though..' yeosang signed.

"i know, i know.. i'm gonna miss you too. but it's for the better. hey, and how about this; i'll call you the minute i feel ready, okay?" beomseok offered.

'promise?' "i promise."

yeosang finally took a deep breath, wiped his tears, and lifted his head. they gave each other weak smiles, beomseok trying his best not to cry at the sight of yeosang's red cheeks and slight pout.

he then gave the younger a quick peck, with a long, tight hug following it. yeosang was starting to cry again, as beomseok stood up.

"i love you. bye for a little while..." he waved as he said.

the younger waved back in response, then slowly signing 'i love you too.'

beomseok then turned around, and walked off.

"hey hon, how was school?" seonghwa asked happily.

he then watched as yeosang dragged himself down the hallway, his head leaned down and no response coming from his mouth or his hands.

seonghwa confusedly turned, seeing hongjoong standing worriedly at the end of the hallway.

"i... don't know what's wrong. he wouldn't sign anything, he didn't even look at me or his brothers the whole way home. yunho said he was curled up into a ball, and was completely still the whole ride home. i have no idea what happened. but i suggest we talk to him." the younger parent explained.