Chapter 16

A/N: So sorry to all my Monty/Ophelia fans, but this is the sad truth :( Let me know what you guys think of the chapter

"Oh my god...you look beautiful."

Ophelia couldn't contain her smile as she walked down the stairs. Her boyfriend standing in a suit just at the door, handsome as ever. The suit jacket hugged his muscles tightly, making him appear large. She was able to wear heels and still make it two inches under him. Montgomery was not the tallest guy in school, so she was glad she was under average in height.

"Thank you, Monty."

"Stand next to him for a picture" her mother instructed. Honor was standing next to her mom, smiling just as brightly.

"You look like a princess!" she told her older sister.

Ophelia blushes, happy, yet embarrassed by the compliments. "Thanks, Honor."

"Do I look like a Prince?" Montgomery asked.

Honor said, "Kind of."

Ophelia and Montgomery laughed.

Ophelia said, "Should we go to the restaurant?"

"No restaurant yet" her mother said, "Wait for Zach to get here."

"Zach?" Montgomery asked.

"Mom" Ophelia complained, "Wǒmen huì chídào. Tell Zach not to come."

"Wú suô wèi" her mother scolded.

Montgomery said, "Huh?"

Ophelia rolled her eyes. "I told her we would be late and she said she doesn't care. I'm sorry."

"It's fine" Montgomery said, "We can go straight there. We'll probably go out with people afterwards anyways."

Ophelia reached up and kissed him on the cheek.

When Zach arrived, he was with his mom, no date.

"Sup, Dempsey."

"Hey, Montgomery" Zach greeted. They fist bumped.

Their mothers greeted each other in Mandarin.

"What are they saying?" Montgomery asked.

Ophelia shrugged. "They are speaking way too fast for me."

Zach laughed at her. "Should have paid attention more during class."

Ophelia shook her head and laughed. "Whatever, Zach. You just had a crush on the teacher and you know it."

"The teacher at our school?" Montgomery asked, out of the loop.

"No" Ophelia explained, "We both had a private tutor together. It was a long time ago."

Montgomery bit his lip, eyeing Zach. "Mhm. So what are they saying?"

Zach hesitated. "They said we should have carpooled."

That was a lie, because only Zach knew that they were both talking about how Zach and Ophelia should have been each other's dates instead of Ophelia and Montgomery. He would keep his lips sealed about that until later.

Ophelia said, "They're right." Zach smiled to himself.

"Stand together" Zach's mom demanded, "Zach put your arm around her."