Part 4 Chapter 13a

"Not that I'm not thrilled but

"Not that I'm not thrilled but...why is Justin here?"

Justin scoffed as he got into the back seat of Ophelia's car. "Geez, thanks Marisa."

"It's a girl's trip," Marisa said, defending herself. "I'm allowing to wonder."

The 'trip' wasn't really a trip. It was just an outing to the mall. The goal behind this shopping spree: finding prom dresses, for all three ladies in the car. Ophelia, Marisa, and Estella.

"We need a boy there," Ophelia told Marisa, defending Justin for tagging along. "He can, you know, tells us what a man would think of our clothes." Ophelia realized how unfeminist that sentence sounded, so she looked at Estella and said, "Don't tell any HO club girls that I said that."

"Why do you care what a boy thinks of your clothes?" Marisa asked her. "You've got no one to impress. Scott's gonna like anything you wear."

"I still want to look nice," Ophelia insisted. "I want him to want to show me off, you know?"

"You look pretty in everything," Estella offered with a smile.

Ophelia smiled back at the girl. "So do you." She then asked, "Do you have any boys you're trying to impress, Estella?"

The younger girl rolled her eyes. "No. I thought Diego was gonna ask me to prom. He's going with Jessica."

Justin looked over, a tinge of hurt in his eyes. He tried to mask it by looking away again.

"Who are you going with, then?" Ophelia asked, realizing she hadn't even thought about how Estella was getting in without a date. "You're not an upperclassman. You need an invite."

"I'll find one," Estella said. She crossed her arms, pouting. "Even if it isn't stupid Diego." She shook her head. "You know, he's a flirt. He flirts with me, but goes with Jessica? It's rude to flirt without intention."

"Oh, Estella," Marisa sighed. "You'll understand one day."

"Can I just say that I'm not the only boy here?" Justin brought up. He nodded to back passenger seat, where JT's car seat was. Estella sat in the back middle, next to JT and Justin, tending to the baby.

"But JT's allowed everywhere," Estella exclaimed. She raised her voice excitedly for the baby. "Aren't you, JT? Yes, you are. We'd take you over Justin any day, wouldn't we?"

"Hey," Justin complained.

"Be nice," Ophelia told them.

They pulled up to the parking lot of the mall.

"Oh, shit!" Justin yelled, leaning forward between Ophelia and Marisa. "You can park right in the front, look!"

They saw a parking spot. There was a sign at it that read, 'Family Parking.' Then under 'Families with Strollers Only'.