Part 4 Chapter 11a

a/n: SilverRose98 made this photo of Scott and Ophelia flirting with Zach's wanted poster in the background

a/n: SilverRose98 made this photo of Scott and Ophelia flirting with Zach's wanted poster in the background. LMAO I'm obsessed with and have been wanting to post it on here so bad.

tw: mentions of past sexual assault

"I really apologize for making Ophelia so upset this morning," Mrs. Jensen said to Scott. "I didn't mean to."

"It's not your fault," Scott said, shaking his head. But he felt bad about it just as much.

"Still, I should've separated you two. I knew this would be emotional for her." She sighed. But I'm glad Justin took her to go see JT now instead of sitting in there waiting." Mrs. Jensen chuckled. "He's a cute baby, you know?"

Scott forced a smile. "Yeah."

Mrs. Jensen caught onto the hesitation. "Can I ask you something, Scott? As a parent-"

"I'm not a parent," he said.

Mrs. Jensen stalled. "No. I am a parent. I'm asking you, as the parent that I am, if learning Ophelia was pregnant changed your view of her?"

Scott flinched. "This question is for the school?"

"Yes, they could argue she purposely hid the pregnancy from the school out of fear of ruining her relationship, but...I would also like to know as Justin's mother, what do you have against my son's godchild?"

Scott winced. "I don't have anything against it."

"Him," Mrs Jensen corrected. "It's a boy."

"I-I know."

Mrs. Jensen leaned forward, placing his pen on the table, no longer taking notes. "You've still not visited him?"

Scott felt targeted. He asked, "How do you know that?"

"Justin talks and talks."

Scott scratched the back of his head. "Um..."

"Because Ophelia is a parent," Mrs. Jensen said. "And I'm not gonna let her miss out of maybe a million dollars from this lawsuit because her boyfriend, who might not always be her boyfriend, got in the way."

His stomach dropped. 'Might not always be her boyfriend?' What the hell did that mean? Had Ophelia said that?

"Did she say something?" Scott asked, quickly.

"No. She likes you. You like her. You guys seem perfect, actually. But she is a parent, and it's clear you don't want to be-"

"I don't have a problem being a parent," he suddenly said.

Mrs. Jensen caught on. "But you have a problem being a parent to...JT."

"No, I just-" Scott leaned back, running his hand through his hair. "She just talks about how...how much JT looks like Montgomery, right?"