Part 4 Chapter 13b

Zach shut his locker, surprised to see Ophelia waiting right next to him

Zach shut his locker, surprised to see Ophelia waiting right next to him. He smiled, cockily. "Hey, O-"

Ophelia smack him across the face with her notebook.

Zach stumbled back. "What the fuck-?!"

She smacked him again.

"You fucking piece of shit," Ophelia insulted him. "I can't believe I fell for a single thing you ever said to me."

"What the fuck is your problem?" Zach snapped at her.

"You're my problem!" She shoved him. Ophelia wasn't anywhere near as strong as Zach, so he didn't even move. "I know that Scott bought me that necklace, Zach."

"What?" He glanced over her, and saw that stupid necklace that he hated so much dangling down her neck. This one was new, he could tell. Also, it had to be new, because he threw the other way away. He groaned, "Oh, Jesus Christ, this shit again."

"I can't believe you threw it away," she spat. "When you didn't even get it for me."

"I'm assuming Scott told you?" he scoffed. "He's probably been waiting to bring that shit up forever."

"You just threw it away," she repeated.

"So, what?" Zach didn't see the problem. "I was supposed to let my girlfriend keep wearing some shit her crush gave her?"

She exploded, "I thought it was from you! But you know what, I should've know. You could never be that thoughtful."

He scoffed. "Yeah, and what about all those other necklaces I got you, huh? You act like I'm the bad guy, like you don't hide those from Scott too."

"My boyfriend doesn't have insecurity issues so he's fine with me wearing them," she told him, plainly. She added, "He thinks they make me look nice when I wear them on dates with him."

Zach let out another scoff. "Yeah, okay. Have fun going to McDonald's or wherever the hell he can afford to take you."

"You are such a-urg! I cannot believe I used to think you were the sweetest guy in the world. You're such an asshole!"

Zach's eyes hardened. "Yeah? You're getting on me about not actually being sweet? What about Ophelia, the 'nice girl'? Tell me, have you ever been interested in boys that were outside of your ex's friend group?"

Her eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, I remember. You're slowly making your way around the baseball team, and you're not being subtle about it."

Ophelia took a deep breath. "You know what, Zach? You don't get to make fun of me for that, when you clearly had a crush on Chloe while you and her were both in a relationship."

"I didn't have a crush on Chloe!" Zach snapped. "How many fucking times do I have to tell you, I didn't like her while we were together?"

She scoffed. "Yeah, okay."