19

May 15, 1990

"Look at you so pretty." Stevie coos to the baby who's laying on the hospital bed. 

Stevie's sitting up, having just fed her and she was just admiring and massaging the baby while she waited for Lindsey to get back from picking the kids up from school. Her little baby was wearing a plain white onesie with pandas on it. 

The door pushed open and William walked in first. 

"How ya feeling mom?" He asks going over and hugging her.

"I feel fine kiddo. Where are your sisters?" She questions.

"They're scared to come in here." He sighs.

"Why?" Stevie shifts slightly uncomfortably. 

"They don't like Hospitals I guess. I don't know. Can I hold her?" He asks.

"Yeah, go over and sit in that chair." She nods. 

She discreetly slides out of the bed so her pink nighty slides down and doesn't show him anything. She collects the baby into her arms and with a slight waddle, she goes and places the baby in William's arms.

"Shouldn't she have a blanket or something?" He asks.

"She does, but it's warm in here. She'll be fine." Stevie tells him making her way to the door where she could see Lindsey arguing with Leelee and Stella. 

"If I don't get a hug from one of you in the next thirty seconds I might just explode." She crosses her arms and leans against the doorframe.  

Leelee gives in and makes her way over to Stevie and encircles her arms around her. 

"You're tummy isn't big anymore." Leelee smiles.

"Well, it's still slightly big but it's not as big.  And that's because it turned into a five-pound nine-ounce baby girl. Come in." Stevie demands as Stella slowly makes her way over Lindsey following close behind her. 

"What did you guys name her?" William asks when they walk back into the recovery room. 

"Well, your father picked out her first name and I picked out her second name." Stevie crawls back in the bed. 

"What are they?" Leelee pushes. 

"Kids I'd like you to meet Kaci Mae Buckingham, born on May 14th at 8:59 in the evening." Lindsey smiles. 

"Kaci Mae that's so cute." Leelee grins.

"We thought so." Stevie shrugs. 

"Can I hold her?" Stella asks.

"If your brother is willing to give her up." Lindsey chuckles looking at William who was happily snuggling with her. 

"Sure. What do I do?" He asks.

"Well, Stella sit on the bed," Lindsey instructs. 

"Now what?" She asks making herself comfy slightly leaning back against Stevie's knees that are pushed up to her chest supplying the perfect little backrest

"William, support her head and stand up with her and carefully walk over to your sister," Lindsey tells him. 

"She's sleeping," William says slowly easing the baby into Stella's arms. 

"She's so cute. She looks like you mom." Stella turns her head to look at Stevie. 

"She does. But she has your dad's nose. And if you take her little hat off even though her hairs blonde it's curly." Stevie tells her.