1

April 15, 1975

San Jose State, known for its slew of Business Majors and an incredible Frat house scene. As the school year ends and the graduates get ready to leave and go out into the world on their own, the Frat's host a giant block party. Each house on Frat row collaborates and they shut the street down.

Stephanie Nicks, Stevie, at age twenty-seven had just completed her degree in Speech Communication and Psychology. There were some setbacks causing her to graduate late. First, she took a gap year while her family moved from California to Arizona. Then she got halfway through an English Major and decided that even though she wanted to teach she didn't want to teach English, History, Science or Math so after speaking with her advisor she was able to study Speech Communication and intermingle in some education courses. And she only really took four classes a semester because she was waiting tables on top of everything to keep paying rent on her apartment. She would eventually job hunt to work at a High School teaching English or something but tonight she is performing at the Frat Row end of the year bash.

Stevie, standing at only five feet one with straight thick blonde hair, and brown puppy dog eyes, can belt out a song and make the whole room stop and pay attention. Weighing in at only ninety-five pounds, the tiny thing is a force to be reckoned with.

"Stevie, are you ready?" Her roommate and childhood best friend Robin questions peeping her head into the bedroom.

"Robin, should I really be doing this? The only reason we were asked to come to this stupid party, let alone me singing at this party, is because Todd couldn't get anyone else to perform."

Todd is her boyfriend, He's only 22 compared to her 27-she minded slightly but he was good in bed so that made up for it. He was also the former captain of the football team, a title he begrudgingly passed down at the end of December because he was graduating, is head of the biggest Frat house in San Jose State. Kappa Delta Sigma. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and he majored in physical therapy. Somehow, he passed but Stevie can't decipher how she ended up with him, she's what he refers to as a nerd. Most of the time she wears dorky aviator-style glasses because she's so farsighted it isn't even funny and all through her education she spent a heaping amount of time at the library.

Robin knows however, Stevie is gorgeous and even with the dorky glasses, she's noticed that every single boy they pass on the way to their classes has stopped and gawked at the petite young woman.

Stevie finishes the last of her makeup and slides into her black suede high heeled boots. She grabs a sheer white shawl and the two girls make their way down to Frat Row. When Stevie steps on stage and belts out the lyrics she takes command of the stage everyone pays attention. Including, the father of one of the Frat boys, who just so happened to be "chaperoning" the block party. Despite being adults, the University won't sanction the event unless it is chaperoned by someone. Normally they don't stay or pay attention but they're there if the president of the University just so happens to stroll by. The man was an executive at Warner Brothers, the biggest record label in the world.

Thirty-four hours and 2,271 miles away, Lindsey Buckingham, Buck to his friends, was running a comb through his afro-like brown curly hair, slinging back a full glass of Jack Daniels, kissing his wife, Kristen, on the cheek placing a hand on her burgeoning baby bump. The twenty-six-year-old was stepping onstage for a totally different reason.

Lindsey Buckingham doesn't come from a long line of musicians, he comes from a long line of swimmers. But at twenty-six years old, well he's known for something else. He left home at 18, though he still keeps in contact with his family they were pissed that he chose to run off and join Fleetwood Mac instead of going to college.  He stumbled upon the audition in a freakish sort of way. He was hanging around with some buddies just jamming in the park-playing guitar because that's what he does-and Mick Fleetwood the lead of the band fell in love with him. Their guitarist had just quit and he was perfect for the position. He's since then brought fame and fortune to Fleetwood Mac. 

Lindsey is what they call a rock god. Despite being married and expecting his first child, his wife is only 19, at such a young age he has wealth. He's saved up all the earnings that he has made at gigs prior to joining Fleetwood Mac, which wasn't a lot but it gave him experience. Though he didn't get a college education, the man has smarts and the ability to make people stop and listen. Ruth, his mother says that that's why Fleetwood Mac has done so well. Lindsey is of average height, standing at five-foot-ten. Not quite six feet like both of his brothers who are around six-three,  but close enough. Along with his long curly hair and mesmerizing blue eyes that look like they could cut through ice. He's a looker and the number of groupies he could have and have had is insane.

Tonight, they were performing in Nashville. He was surprised at how many rock fans were in Tennessee but their Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac Album has done surprisingly well in the country filled places. He loves performing with Fleetwood Mac but there are times where it gets to be a little too much. They're all older than him, not by much but enough, they all do drugs-Lindsey will go as far as Alcohol and Marijuana, but he refused to try cocaine which is all the other three do-and they're all from Britain. The only thing he has in common with them is that they're all married. John and Christine McVie, yes are the bass player and the keyboardist, Mick's married to a woman named Jenny and he has two little girls. While Lindsey and Kristen are having a child together it doesn't feel right. Kristen was a groupie and she got pregnant because Lindsey was either too hopped up on Marijuana and Alcohol to remember a condom or she had told him she was on birth control but lied to him. Either way, he didn't remember the night, or her that much for that matter but when she told him she was pregnant he did the right thing according to HER parents and married her. He doesn't even like the woman she's uptight and snooty and she blows his money left and right. 

***

As Stevie's set finished, she was immediately approached by the record exec. "I want to give you a record deal."