5

They woke up in the morning, light cascading through the slightly open curtains of the hotel room, sheets tangled between them.

"Oh my God," Stevie gasped as she bolted out of the bed.

"What, Jesus shut the blinds." Lindsey groaned.

"We slept together. We slept together. You're married. Oh my god." She panicked.

"Rockstar relax." Lindsey sighed sitting up.

"I can't relax. You cheated on your wife with me. Oh my god, when the press hears about this we're screwed." She started frantically throwing her clothes on from the night before, minus the pantyhose because they were ripped in the crossfire of last night.

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her, and besides no one followed us last night. We'll just have Pete pull the car around back and we'll leave with no one seeing us." Lindsey sighed. 

"I don't think we should leave together. No, I'll call a cab you just have Pete drive you back to your hotel." Stevie stated pulling her boots on her feet.

"No. Pete's driving you, I'll get a cab. Besides, it'll give me more time to come up with an excuse for my wife." Lindsey said grabbing her shoulders and pulling her to his bare chest.

"This shouldn't have happened." She sighed.

"But it did. There's nothing we can do about it. Stevie, I would like you to come to my show tonight at the Forum. We sold out two nights. I would really like you to come see it. I'll have Pete come and get you at seven,  we go on at eight-thirty." Lindsey rubbed her back.

"Lindsey, I don't know. I really shouldn't." She shook her head.

"Just think about it. Can you do that for me?" He asked.

"Alright." Stevie sighed walking out of the hotel room. 

When she was safely out of his room, she sunk against the wall and waited for Pete to appear. They got in the car and as they were driving to her house, she was biting her thumbnail.

"So Ms. Nicks, will I be picking you up this evening?" Pete asked as they pull into her driveway.

"I...I don't know." She shook her head.

"I'll be here at seven-thirty. We'll make him sweat, and if you decide you don't want to go, I won't be offended. It was nice to meet you." Pete smiled.

"Thank You." She smiled slowly getting out of the car and walking up the path to her driveway.

***

At seven o'clock, she was staring in her vanity mirror, eye makeup dark, bright red lips, and a red dress with a chiffon overlay. Wearing her black velvet platform boots. Her hair was up in a bun on the top of her head and her stomach was turning. She snorted a line of cocaine and then made her way downstairs hoisting her beat-up brown leather purse over her shoulder.

Stevie is sitting on the steps of her home when Pete pulled up, he exits the car and takes one look at her and laughed

"What?" She asked

"You look petrified. It'll be fine." Pete assured her.

"But he's married and..." She started.

"Not for munch longer sweetheart. Come on." He opened the door for her.

When they arrived at the venue, Stevie was ushered backstage in a scene she has seen to many times that it's all just muscle memory. A woman briefly handed her a VIP pass necklace and she was brought right on the side stage, she sees a shot glass and tequila and she immediately grabs it and swigs out of it.

"That was my shot," Lindsey whispers into her ear. She shrugged, turned around and handed him the glass winking before she walked back next to Pete.

"You little minx." He stated repouring a shot and swigging it back.

A beat fills her ears and she's taken aback. It sounds like such a rock song but with a twangy hint to it. She finds herself slowly but surely enjoying the concert and even finds herself dancing at times to it.

When it's over, The band comes offstage and Christine gasped before wrapping her arms around her. 

"What brings you here it's been a while?" The woman inquired.

"Lindsey talked me into it last night. We ended up at the same bar." Stevie told her.

"Thanks for coming." Lindsey smiled.

"Wouldn't miss it." She sighed.

A throat cleared behind them and they all turned to see Kristen standing there.

"Excuse me, who are you?" She asked glaring at Stevie.

"I'm Stevie Nicks." Stevie sighed holding her hand out.

"Kristen Buckingham." The woman spit.

"Kit, Stevie was at our band meeting last night. She's signed to the label and they want us to write together." The words spilled out of Lindsey's mouth before Stevie could even breathe and Christine cocked an eyebrow between the two of them. 

"So, I take it, you have another meeting tonight then?" Kristen crossed her arms.

"I do, I'm sorry, it's only because we're here in LA for such a short time, embarking on tour and all. We still have the European leg" Lindsey told her.

"Alright, I hope you come back to our hotel tonight. I could've used your help with the kids." Kristen spit.

"Yes, I'll be back tonight." Lindsey sighed.

When everyone had cleared except for Christine, Lindsey gave her the shortened version and then he led Stevie to his dressing room. 

"You know this is all wrong." Stevie sighed plopping down on the couch.

"It's not wrong. It gives us a chance to see each other more. I like you Steph and I think we could be good friends. Besides you've said that you've cheated before." Lindsey shrugged pulling off his button-down shirt.

"I know, but Todd and I weren't married. Joe Walsh isn't married...anymore...and Don Henley isn't married. You are married, therefore. It is wrong, we slept together, and you're married and you're lying to your wife. I don't write with people. I can't. I've tried but it never works." Stevie pouted.

"Well, maybe we can make it work. And quit saying I'm married. I know I'm married." Lindsey huffed.

"It's getting late, you should go back to your hotel and I need to go home," Stevie said standing up.

"Hey, don't go so fast. Come here." Lindsey sighed wrapping his arms around her.

"Linds..." She trailed off looking up at him,

"Shh," Lindsey cooed lifting her chin up and kissing her.

***

They shouldn't have slept together a second time but they did and as she watched Lindsey and Pete drive off from her doorway, she couldn't stop the tears from falling.

Stevie was never the person that liked to jump relationships. She's always been a big advocate about getting closure and healing. But Todd hurt her countless times and she always forgave him. But when they got the call about Candy she couldn't forgive him anymore. She tried to get drunk, she really did but there was something stopping her. She had only been two shots of tequila in, one class of brandy, and two beers when Lindsey rescued her. Not near enough to get her drunk and her cocaine high had definitely worn off. She was stone-cold sober, when she slept with him last night, just like she was tonight. However, there was something different about Lindsey. A spark, of something. Something that she hadn't felt since she started dating Todd. And it broke her heart.

She changed into her silk nightgown and she did a hit of cocaine before going downstairs and cracking open a bottle of red wine and cried herself to sleep on the couch.