3

Stevie and Todd didn't have the best relationship and though Stevie had a vision for them in the future, right now, neither of them was really interested in going another step in their relationship. It was comfortable and it was all about to change. 

"Where are you going?" Todd questioned

"None of your concern. Last I checked you were moving out of my house. I'm not your property go worry about Candy and that thing you may or may not have put inside of her." Stevie groaned as the car pulled into the driveway.

The music was loud, and they were playing a weird mixture of music. One song would be country the next rock and roll and then the occasional disco tune. The bar normally occupied with college students and old drunks was instead packed with middle-aged men.

"Hey Stevie, what can I get you?" Sarah, the waitress was a friend of Stevie's. She often found herself at this bar, the atmosphere made her feel good.

"My Usual, and a beer, please. I don't care if you give me lite or not, I just need a beer." She stated.

"You aren't normally one for beer." Sarah chuckled pouring her glass of brandy and a shot of tequila before placing a beer bottle in front of her. Stevie took the shot, and slowly started nursing the Brandy. 

"It's a Friday night, normally this place is packed with teenagers." Stevie sighed over the music.

"There's s a concert at The Forum. Fleetwood Mac. My niece begged for tickets and when my brother told her they couldn't swing it she got upset." Sarah shrugged.

"Well, I'm going to go sit at a table. Do you think you could have the chef whip me up a burger and fries?" Stevie questioned.

"Right away honey." Sarah winked as Stevie crawls from the barstool and heads towards a booth. Just in case someone here spots her and figures out who she is. The booth will add a slight bit of protection.

***

Lindsey stared at the picture on his mirror of his wife and his two kids. William was three and little LeeLee was a mere five months old.

"You're on in ten Buck." The stagehand shouted.

Lindsey takes one look in the mirror runs his hands through his now short hair and goes stage side where he takes a shot of Jack Daniels. The stage lights blinded him as he entered the stage to the sound of the drum beats, his guitar slung over his shoulder. He strums to the beat and it's like no time passes as all.

When he got back to the hotel, Kristen is waiting up for him, nursing LeeLee. The poor kid is going to suffer for the rest of her life. LeeLee Welles Buckingham. 

"Where did you go after the show, normally we leave with you." Kristen hissed.

"I had a meeting with the band, is that a problem." Lindsey groaned. 

"Yes, you could have at least told us. I'm here with your two babies and you are off galivanting with your crew." Kristen hissed.

"Kit, I have a job. Someone needs to pay the bills because you damn well aren't. I'm the only one with work between the two of us. And I didn't ask you to join me on tour you insisted." Lindsey spit.

"Excuse me! I am your wife, I have the right to come on tour with you." Kristen screeched.

"God, just stop talking," Lindsey growled taking off his Chelsea boots.

"I WILL NOT STOP TALKING! I AM YOUR WIFE!" She yelled. Lindsey sighed and put his boots back on, slinging his brown leather jacket over his white tee shirt.

"Where are you going?" She asked crossing her arms as best she could over the baby suckling.

"Out," Lindsey replied leaving the room and going down to the room where his driver was located.

"What do you need Buck?" Pete sighs opening his door. He's touted Lindsey around for many years.

"A bar. Any bar, as far away from Kristen as possible." Lindsey shook his head.

***

As soon as Lindsey sees the first flash of neon, he stops the car and goes in.  He cringes at the techno, country, rock mix playing and shouts for bourbon over it. A younger woman with a sweet smile scoffs and pours him a drink.

"What?" He asked looking her.

"Two superstars in this bar tonight, once word gets out we are going to be packed," Sarah stated handing him a drink.

"Who else is here?" Lindsey asked looking around.

"Stevie Nick." She stated bluntly.

"Stevie Nicks is here? I love her music. It's rock but it's like a soft rock you know. Damn, Stevie Nicks."Lindsey chuckled shaking his head.

"Go save her," Sarah smirked.

"What?" He asked.

"She's right there." Sarah pointed.

Lindsey followed her hand and made eye contact with the blonde sitting at the booth. Men were surrounding her, and she looked to be in pure panic. When they made eye contact he smirked, and she begged with her eyes. She wanted out of there now. Lindsey swung back his drink and went over to her.

"Yo! She's with me." Lindsey bellowed as the drunk men freeze.

"You, what would she want with you?" A drunk asked, getting cocky.

"Well, I am certainly a lot better off then you are. I could snap you like a twig." Lindsey huffed.

"I'd like to see you try." The bald scrawny dude spit.

All Lindsey did was grab his shoulder, and the man hauled off and started hitting him. Eventually, Lindsey had enough and with one swift punch he knocked the man out. Every person in the bar stopped and looked at them. Lindsey held his hand out to Stevie and with an open mouth, she grabbed his hand. His larger hand completely engulfing her tiny paw.

 Todd never got in a barfight for her. If a man was hitting on her he'd just haul her ass out of the bar. But this man, muscular in the right places, mesmerizing blue eyes long curls and calloused hands had gotten into a fight for her. She was flattered-and slightly hot because he was a really good looking man, but she wouldn't admit it. 

"Let's go Rockstar." He chuckled pulling her out of the smoky building.