8

February 24, 1982

Stevie was dressed to the nines, in a black dress with a sparkly overlay top. She had performed at the Grammy's with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and she was nominated. Though she didn't win she already had a Grammy from her second solo album so it wasn't that big of a deal. She was nursing a brandy and she was trying to avoid Lindsey. His band had won the Grammy for best pop/rock group and she saw them as she entered the party. What she should've done was turned right back around but Tom and his wife were pulling her along. Which is how she found herself loomed up against the bar. 

She wanted to scream when he slid up next to her.

"It's been a while, how have you been?" Lindsey asked.

"Fine. Busy." Stevie nodded curtly.

"Um, Stella's Healthy." He told her.

"Good to know. She's what three now?" Stevie inquired.

"Yeah, she's three. What about you, married, Kids?" He poked.

"Nope. I was in a relationship with Jimmy Iovine for a little while but after my album was finished we parted ways." Stevie explained.

"Can I get you another drink?" He pointed to her almost empty glass. 

"No, I'm okay. Excuse me though." She pushed off of the bar and walked towards the bathroom. 

She had just finished a hit of cocaine when the door squeaked open and Lindsey stocked over to her.

"This is the women's room." She claimed as he backed her against the sink.

"I don't care." He shook his head pushing her into a stall. 

"Lindsey." She warned.

"Come on Steph, you're thinking about it too." He winked.

"I...I w-wasn't." She said quietly.

"But you are now." He smirked connecting their lips. 

"Lindsey...it's." She shakes her head briefly pulling away. 

"Shh." He warned hiking her skirt and sliding her lacy thong over to the side.

It was at that moment that she regretted not wearing tights but as his fingers entered her and her head flew back into the wall of the stall, she knew that she wanted it just as much as he did. 

***

When Stevie woke up the next morning, she did it with a jolt because she doesn't remember going home at all but what she also doesn't remember is why Lindsey Buckingham is sleeping on the left side of her bed. She immediately brings her hand to her forehead and she rolls over to get out of bed, but Lindsey pulls her close to him.

"Lindsey, I have to pee and I need an aspirin." She groans.

"But you're warm." He pouts.

"How did we even get back here?" Stevie inquires.

"Pete." Lindsey shrugs.

"You remember." She gawks at him.

"Yes, because I wasn't as drunk as you were. After we fucked in the stall you got a long island iced tea and then you were gone three sheets to the wind." Lindsey explains.

"So you used me. You used my intoxicated state to sleep with me." She asks.

"I know that sounds bad but you wouldn't have budged if I hadn't." He shrugs.

"You're lucky I don't call you for rape." She pushes away from him.

"No, you wouldn't because I'm your Hero...remember." He gives her a sweet smile.

"Don't push it." She growls.

"So, why don't we get that aspirin and then you go downstairs and make me some pancakes." He asks.

"No, I'm going to go to the bathroom and when I get out, you better be gone because you need to go back home with your wife and kids." She scolds.

"But I don't want to. I hate my wife." He pouts.

"Than why did you marry her?" Stevie asks going over to the bathroom in all her nakedness.

"Because when she got pregnant, her parents said the only way we could keep the baby is if we got married. I tried to fight it but Kristen closed rank and said that I really didn't have a choice in the matter and if I didn't marry her, she'd put the baby up for adoption. She was only nineteen. Now, William's seven. Leelee is four and Stella is three and you know what they were all accidents and I kind of want to get myself fixed." Lindsey crosses his arms.

"No, you don't." Stevie shakes her head.

"Don't I?" Lindsey asks.

"No, you don't because what happens if you and Kristen divorce and you marry someone else and then you decide that you want kids with her than what are you going to do. I've been told that reversals aren't always successful." Stevie leaves the door to her bathroom open almost like an invitation for Lindsey to join her.

"Well if Kristen and I ever divorce I'd hope that you and I would get married." He slides in behind her in the shower stream.

"What?" She asks looking up at him.

"I'm going to marry you someday Stephanie Nicks. You can count on it." Lindsey winks taking her shampoo from her and going to scrub it into her hair. 

"Oh really?" She asks.

"Really." He nods.

"Well, then go ahead and get fixed." Stevie shrugs.

"I thought you wanted kids." Lindsey looks at her, helping her rinse the shampoo out.

"I do. So badly but I don't think I can get pregnant." She shakes her head.

"Why do you say that?" He inquires.

"I get ovarian cysts. When I have a cycle there are some months that I can't even release an egg so I don't think I'll ever have kids. It sucks because I always said I wanted four but It's probably never going to happen." She tells him.

"Well, when we do get married...because we will get married even if it's when we're ninety...my kids can be your kids too." He kisses her under the shower. 

"We're never getting married." She shakes her head once the kiss breaks.

"Oh yes, we are." He pushes grabbing her thighs and hoisting her up into his arms taking her by surprise.

"You have to get divorced first." She tells him as he inserts himself and she yelps not entirely ready for the intrusion. 

All he does is pin her against the wall and plants his lips to hers as he thrusts in and out.