2

February 1978

At age thirty, Stevie had two hit albums and she was relishing in her new title of Sex Symbol. Todd, however, was not too impressed with his girlfriend. Partially because she was making more money than he was because his goals of getting into the big leagues playing football fell through, and she was ogled at constantly.

The only thing that kept Todd with her is the fact that the Rock and Roll lifestyle had hit Stevie in full force. She had been exposed to many things that she never could have imagined. Stevie was never the partying type. She hated going to parties in college that was Todd's scene and she never even considered doing drugs. A year into her fame, 1976, Stevie tried cocaine for the first time. She was now at the point where she couldn't go four hours without doing a hit of cocaine. Todd was thrilled, and to top it off, they were being invited to giant Hollywood parties. Every party they ended up going to, Stevie would get so stoned she couldn't see straight and she had a running total for cheating on him with the Eagles. Both Joe Walsh and Don Henley but Todd was okay with it because he would go off and sleep with a model that decided they liked him halfway through the night. Stevie was at the point where she didn't really care anymore. Especially because she knew that not one of those girls cared that he came to the party and would eventually leave with Stevie Nicks but she was doing the exact same thing. Candy Litzner was Todd's favorite by far and if she was at the party Stevie would either end up going home with Don or Joe or by herself. But she really didn't care, and even though she didn't care it was still hard for her at times. 

Stevie had developed habits that weren't entirely healthy, and she loved it. Todd, who should have been stopping her encouraged it. She didn't go to bed until four or five o'clock in the morning, Stevie was always a night owl but she could normally cap it around one o'clock in the morning until she became engrossed in this way of life. Normally she'd wake around ten or so but the cocaine mixed with the later bedtime had her finally getting out of bed around two or three in the afternoon. And when she was woken up before she was not too friendly. So, when the phone rings at nine o'clock in the morning waking both Todd and Stevie, the woman lets out a growl and Todd answers the phone.

Propping herself up on her elbows she watches Todd's face contort as he speaks over the phone.

"You can't be serious." He spits getting out of bed and pacing as far as the phone cord allows him too.

She cocked her head as he continued.

"And you're sure the baby is mine," Todd asked.

Stevie shot out of bed, her black silk nightgown flowing behind her as she walked towards him, arms crossed over her chest.

"Yeah, I'll be there to talk about it with you. See you in a couple of hours Candy." Todd sighed in defeat.

"You got Candy pregnant. Of all the people you've slept with behind my back the past three years, Candy was the one you knocked up." Stevie hissed.

"Oh, don't tell me you haven't slept with other people. The Eagles, That red-headed singer you're always hanging around." Todd spit.

"Eagles yes, but Waddy, he's my guitarist! Christ. But that's not the point. I always make sure they wear condoms, and I've not had a pregnancy scare.  You had to slip up and get her fucking pregnant." Stevie bellowed. 

"It's my life Stevie, you don't own me I can do what I want," Todd stated,  going over to the dresser and grabbing out some clothing.

"I don't own you! I never said I did, but I would like some respect. We're in a relationship. We are romantically involved." Stevie said, tears welling up in her eyes. Sure she did sleep with other men but when the thrill of Rock and Roll ended she had pictured herself marrying Todd and having his kids herself. 

"I'm going to talk to Candy. I'll see ya later." Todd exclaimed throwing the jeans on over his boxers and slinging a white tee-shirt over his shoulders.

Stevie let out a sigh and furiously wiped tears out of her eyes. After her hit of cocaine, she starts her day. Way earlier than she would've liked. Stevie sat at the kitchen table watching the clock. Only moving to go take another hit of cocaine. It's nearing five o'clock when Todd came back into the house.

"So?" She questioned.

"So what?" Todd fired back.

"Is it yours and what is she going to do about it?" Stevie sighed tapping her ruby red fingernails on the kitchen table.

"She's not sure yet. She's going to think about it and let me know." Todd shrugged.

"And it took you seven hours to come to that conclusion?" Stevie yelled.

"Stevie, maybe we should take a break." Todd looked at her.

"Then get your ass out of my house." Stevie hissed stomping upstairs.

When she reached her bedroom she took a minute to scream and throw the picture of them on the dresser against the wall before she traipsed into her bathroom. She took a much-needed shower, feeling extremely dirty that she and Todd had, had sex the night prior. After she blow dries her perm, a new style trend she had started after she became famous with that first album, she does her makeup. Dark eyeshadow to match her dark eyes.  A darker line swiped over the top. Eyeliner dark in a thin straight line and Ruby red lips. Once her make up is finished she takes a hit of cocaine and changes into a black velvet mini skirt, a light blue chiffon tank top which she tucked into the said skirt, her black tights and black velvet boots she grabs her little baggy of extra cocaine and sticks it into her boot. She then calls a car because she was dead set on getting drunk.