Arlea [Bucky Barnes]

Bucky comes across a woman who has suddenly turned up in Wakanda. 

She shouldn't be there.

Bucky stood, legs planted, ready incase the woman in front of him was going to attack. She had a wild glint in her eye, having already lunged at him from the trees surrounding them. He had been wandering the Wakandan plains in search of some clarity, when she came tearing out from the jungle. Zemo was back and he needed to find out his motive.

"What happened to you?" He questioned. She shouldn't be here, it was impossible for an outsider to be here, where had she come from?

"Get away." Fear laced her weak voice.

Bucky's hand froze as he stopped reaching out towards the unkempt woman. He took in the her shallow breath and wide, frightened eyes before touching her. His hands carefully travelled over the shallow cuts and swollen bruises on her arms; he felt a spark of rage ignite inside him. Bucky held his hands up in front of him as she tensed underneath his touch, "It's alright, I'm not here to hurt you." Bucky watched as the fear melted from her wide green eyes and tears began to spring forth, her breathing hitched as she stumbled into the his arms. Weirdly, she trusted him. 

"Please." Her voice was muffled by the fabric of Bucky's shirt, but he had no trouble making out the words. "Please don't let them-"

"Shh," Bucky stroked her dirty, tear stained cheek, as he lifted her chin to look him in the eye. "You don't have to say anything. Let's just get you cleaned up." Although Bucky's voice was calm, soothing even, there was a burning fire, in his chest that could only be doused by revenge. She nodded silently as he wrapped a tentative arm around her.

"Do you have a name?" He asked softly, as she leaned her body against his, slowly walking her to his old hut. He prefered to stay in the quiet of the Wakandan farm he had previously occupied, than take up residence in the Golden City.

"Arlea. It's Arlea, she whispered before collapsing in his arms.

Shuri witnessed it, she had heard of the former Winter Soldiers arrival. She rushed over to help, completely puzzled by this foreign visitor currently cradled tightly in Bucky's arms.

"Sergeant Barnes." Shuri calls as she approaches. He turns to her, a helpless look on his face.

"I found her in the trees, she came out of nowhere." 

"What, how?"

"I was going to ask you." Bucky questions, as he lays her carefully on the solid bed. Shuri had no answers for how Arlea came to be here.