What if

Alex-

I reach the bottom floor of the building, pushing my way out the front door. I am met with a dark street and gape at the cars whipping by.

I have never been to a human city. They are huge.

"You can't just walk away from me." I hear Liam's velvety voice whisper behind me.

I wipe a few tears away and turn to face him, straightening myself.

"You told me you would show me what it was like, to be a- a vampire." I gesture my arms outward at the city. "So show me."

A smirk creeps onto his face as he grabs my hand, leading me down the road.

We walk for several minutes until we make our way over a hill and I stop. Below the hill is a massive glowing building. Lights of all colors spray out into the night sky.

"This is where the real fun begins." He yanks my arm, running us closer.

I feel faster now. I was quick before, but something else propels my legs towards the flashing lights. In an instant we are at the doors of the glowing building.

I see people entering in with smiling faces. They are all dressed properly, in short and glittering dresses that are illuminated by the building.

I stare down at my own over-sized t shirt and frown. The white shirt is covered in dirt and I must look like a homeless person.

"Don't worry, love" He says patting my hand and leading me to the entrance.

We enter the building and I realize it is a casino. My eyes widen at the tall ceiling covered in stained glass and precious decorations.

In the middle of the big room is a desk, I assume to check in. We approach the desk and the clerk gives me a strange look.

He looks bored. He wears a tuxedo and has a gold plated name tag that reads "Carl."

He looks me up and down as we approach.

"ID's please." He doesn't acknowledge me, looking directly at Liam.

Liam is actually presentable for a place like this, wearing his typical jeans and white t shirt covered by a black leather jacket. His hair is styled to perfection and he flashes a grin at the clerk.

"Sorry, mate, we don't seem to have any." He pretends to search his clothing for identification.

"Well then that means, no gaming for you." Carl gives fake sympathy then waves his hand to shoo us away.

Liam's smile falters and he locks eyes with Carl.

"We do not need identification."

Carl is locked in his gaze, emotionless for a moment. Then he nods and gives us a wide smile repeating.

"You two do not need identification. Enjoy." Then waves us through into the casino.

"Is that what I look like every time you compel me?" I giggle, mocking his stupid face.

Liam chuckles, his hand leading me by the small of my back. He surveys the room for a moment.

It is darker in here, glowing machines ding and I see tables with people surrounding them throwing dice. Others hang out by the bar, drinking their night away.

"it's your turn now." He turns to me, "see that woman over there in that lovely red dress."

I look over his shoulder and see a woman standing near the bar. She is alone though. She has red hair that falls from her head all the way down to her ass. She wears a tight red dress with an open back. She matches it with a pair of shiny stilettos.