14. Puddin cup

24 hours have passed since Addison went missing. Liam immediately went out to find her, leaving me here alone to worry. He promised me that he would find her. I worry about what will happen when he does find her. He is going to once again dangle her life over my head to make me do his bidding for him. To be a good little trophy.

Maybe she escaped on her own. The glass cell that held her showed no signs of damage though. I groan, pulling myself out of my bed. I can't just sit here and wait for news. My mind has been left to wander. I am starting to think the worst has happened to my friend.

I prop my door open and head straight for the kitchen. It is dinner-ish time now, so my stomach has just begun to growl for something to eat. I pull the metal fridge door open and soak up the chilly air. My eyes immediately land on a glass container of pudding. It has an intricate crystal lid on top of it with a pale blue note stuck to it.

Don't worry, love. I will find your friend. In the meantime, try to relax. 
-Liam

I shrug and pull the container from the fridge. I grab a spoon and sit down at the kitchen bar. I hunch over the counter and begin to devour the delectable chocolate pudding.

But it's not the same. My mind just wanders back to Addison. She has done nothing but suffer ever since the night that our pack was attacked.

I let out a small sob, letting the spoon fall back into the bowl. The spoon sinks into the pudding and out of reach.

A bubble of snot drips from my nose. I go to wipe it away with my sleeve and hear a loud bang on the window behind me. I jump in the air, my shoulders immediately tensing.

I am frozen in time for a moment. I could run right now. Maybe whoever it is will go away.

That is highly unlikely.

"Alex!" I hear a muffled voice through the thick glass.

My lips slowly part before I twist my body around in the leather barstool. Standing behind the window is a man I had completely forgotten.

Russell sees me and he immediately waves me to come closer. My bare feet hit the wooden floors and I slowly approach him.

I reach the window and then I pause. He was supposed to come back for me last night, but instead he disappeared. Why does he only show up when Liam is not around?

He did try to kill me in the woods. Well, Aubrey did, but he was involved the moment he decided to leave me lying on the ground in a puddle of my own blood.

"What are you afraid of?" I hear his muffled voice again. It's as if I come to a realization. Russell can be my way out of here.

I quickly unlock the large window, sliding it upwards to open. Russell smiles at me before climbing into the dark space. Chilly air immediately begins to flood the room.

"You're okay?" Russell finally breathes out in almost shock that I am still breathing.

"Yeah. Why?" I give him a puzzled look. He walks around me as if he is familiar with the house. He picks up the large bowl of pudding and inspects it with a suspicious eye.

"I don't know, it's just- Liam." He shoves his finger into the pudding.

Unsure of how to correctly respond, I make my way across the wooden floor to take my seat back at the barstool.

"You didn't tell him you saw me last night, did you?" Russell shoves a pudding-covered finger into his mouth before walking over to the fridge.

"No. Why would it matter if I did? Who are you?" I furrow my brows curiously. Russell wraps a hand around a can of whipped cream and then shuts the fridge door.