Cold Weather and Warm Kisses

Chapter song: You love I -Melanie Martinez

Alex-

A soft thud was heard as I threw an ugly grey t-shirt on the ground in frustration. I finally peeked my head out of the closet and saw the horrendous mess I had created. A rainbow of clothes had exploded all over Tyler's bedroom because of my indecisiveness. I would go try on an outfit and, look at it in the mirror, decided I didn't like it, then throw it on the floor and repeat. I don't know why I was overthinking this so much.

I sat on the bed as I stared into the fireplace. It was so calming to me. I looked around once more at the mess I had made and then I walked back to the closet and shifted through the mostly empty hangers some more.

****

I took one more glance in the mirror and decided that this was good enough. I wore a sea foam green sweatshirt that said I LIKE YOU in white bold letters with whitewash ripped skinny jeans. Along with my clothes, I wore some bright white converse and braided my dark curls into a cascading fishtail braid over my shoulder. My outfit was all topped off with some light eyeliner and mascara.

A light knocking was heard at Tyler's bedroom door, instantly causing me to smile. I smoothed my shirt once more as I reminded myself that this was not the first time I had seen Tyler.

All that matters is that you like how you are, My wolf reminded me. It's not like he's going to leave you because he doesn't like the way you braided your hair! She teased. Besides, he's our mate. She was trying to calm the nerves that swirled around in my stomach as I inched closer to the door.

I took one last breath and said a silent prayer to calm the awkwardness building up inside me. I reached my hand out slowly grabbing the door, the cold, smooth metal tingling up my arm as I turned it and finally pulled the door open.

As soon as I opened the door, a sweet cologne filled my nose and weakened my knees. My eyes floated from the floor, up, up up. I took in his figure. Shoes, jeans, nice black button up shirt, mouth. My eyes finally drifted to his and locked in place like a magnet. I could lose myself in those dark brown eyes. He looked at me in awe, making me blush a deep pink.

"You look beautiful." He breathed as we continued to stare at each other.

"Thank you. You don't look so rough yourself." I joked. He gave me a cute chuckle before pulling his hand from behind his back to reveal a gorgeous white rose. This was the most perfect rose I had ever seen. It glowed a magical frosty white and all of it's petals seemed to be wound perfectly into place.

"I got this for you. I don't know if you like roses but uhh-" He began nervously.

"It's perfect!" I cut him off as I continued to stare at the beautiful rose lovingly. I took it from him and walked back into the room to place it into a vase.

Once the rose was perfectly positioned in a single flower vase, I walked back out to meet my handsome mate who was waiting patiently. Once I returned to him, he smiled and extended his arm out to me.

"So where are we going?" I asked curiously as we walked down the hallway and out into the cold night. The freezing wind bit my face as it blew harshly on us. We walked to a silver corvette and Tyler opened the passenger door, letting me into the car. I sat on the black leather seats and took in the 'fresh car' scent while he made his way around to the driver's side. He opened the door and jumped in quickly to make sure more frozen air wont get in.

"It's a surprise." He said with a wink as he started the car, the engine giving a loud revving sound as it came alive. He drove us down the main road for a while as I curiously watched out the window. The sun would set soon.