Falling Kisses

Alex~

Shrieking screams echo through the mansion making your ears bleed. The once pumping party now scatters like ants. Blood covers the golden dance floor as people shove to escape the horrendous scene. Kai's men reek havoc on the party, spilling blood and shooting down vampires like flies. Liam and Kai pace in a small circle as they prepare to fight to the death.

"Do you really think you can face me and win?" Liam laughs. "I am stronger and older, brother. Not to mention I am a full blooded vampire unlike you." Kai growls at Liam's disrespect as he shows his fangs threateningly. Everything happens so quickly in front of my hazel eyes.

They both lunge for each other in one swift movement and begin to fight with lightning vampire speed. Kai is thrown at a far wall, instantly creating a huge hole through the Sheetrock. Kai is at his feet in a flash and running at Liam until he shoves him out of a large glass window. Liam crashes out of the window and plummets down to the cold snowy ground on the first floor.

"This is fun, brother." Kai rings with a smile on his face as he peers out of the broken window at Liam lying below. "We should do this more often." He wipes some blood off of his mouth and then his eyes fall on me. My heart races as he smiles at me.

"Now, are you ready to go?" He cheers as he takes a step towards me. I take a hesitant step back and he stops, furrowing his eyebrows. Instantly I am shoved into a nearby room by Kai and his hand is over his lips. "Shh." He orders as he listens carefully.

Quiet footsteps are heard coming down he hallway. "Kai!" Liam growls as he searches for us. "Get back here!" My heart thumps against my chest as my mind swirls.

"LIAM! IN HERE LI-" I begin to scream but my mouth is covered by Kai's.

"Now that wasn't smart, Naughty girl." He scolds as he shakes a finger at me. "Now his death is on you." He announces as he releases his grip on me and turns towards the door. Kai opens the doors dramatically as he exits the room back into the large hallway.

"Oh in here, brother!" He sings as he walks through the hallway. I cautiously peer out of the door just to see Kai get slammed against a wall by Liam. Liam roughly stabs Kai with a wooden stake. My hands rush to my mouth as I gasp.

Kai coughs as he lets out a psycotic laugh. His laughter fills the hallway as it continues for at least a minute. "Why are you laughing?" Liam questions annoyed. Kai's laughter continues as I realize how crazy he has gone.

"Because," He continues to giggle insanely, "If you kill me," Kai's eyes meet with mine, "then your precious Tyler will be killed as well." His laughter echos once again.I rush to Liam and shove him aside.

"Alex. NO!" Liam warns me. I ignore him as I yank out the stake, sending Kai falling to the floor with a grunt.

I bend down and meet eyes with the psychopath. "Were is Tyler?" I growl out.

His psychotic laughter begins once again, "You should see your faces." He points at us with a slender finger and then he begins coughing up deep red blood.

"No no no! What's happening to him?" I shriek as I shake him.

"Alex stay away from him." Liam cautions as he grabs my arm. The doors to the ballroom burs open and vampires along with Kai's men rush towards us.

Liam hisses at them in warning but they continue their advance towards us. They bring out their black and lime green guns as they start shooting at us. My mind spins as screams and gunshots are heard through the crowd. Through all the insanity the thing that stands out most is Kai's laughter.

Vampires fall to the ground as the new hunters shoot their way to Liam and I. Liam looks at me and then back to the oncoming hunters. Liam reaches out and grabs my hand before he and I flee the opposite direction of the hunters and up a large staircase.

The winding staircase leads us higher with each step as we climb until we reach the top floor of the mansion. We burst through the doors of the highest room. This room is magical. The walls are a shimmery silver and the floors are a nice white marble. There is a snowy white bed on the side of the left wall along with a bookshelf filled with silver-spined books. The room smells of pine and roses. Why have I never been up here before? In the middle of the room is a large archway that leads out to a small snowy balcony with a small glass railing lining it.

Liam slams the door closed, bringing me out of my trance. He locks it as if it will make a difference. My heart pounds as I realize we have reached the end. "Where now?!" I practically scream in fear. I hear footsteps climbing the stairs below us. They will be here soon. Liam paces as he thinks of a plan. "Liam!" I yell.

"I don't know!" He answers clearly frustrated.

The doors shake, alerting us that the hunters are here. Liam grabs my hand and leads me out to the balcony. He kicks angrily at the glass railing until it shatters. He is out of options. There is nowhere for us to escape to. His eyes look sadly back at the weak door that will burst in seconds.

"Do you trust me?" He asks as he looks directly into my hazel eyes.

"Yes." I shiver out. Snow swirls through the cold wind as I realize how high up we are. The door to the magical bedroom falls to the ground and my eyes meet with Kai's cold blue orbs. He and a few of his men prance into the room. Six men stand menacingly as they hold their lime green guns at the ready.

"Nowhere to run." Kai informs. He is alive and well as if he was never coughing deep blood. "Just come quietly and I wont hurt you, K?" He smiles once again.

Liam looks at me and my gaze meets with his. He gives me a small nod. Fear runs through me as I remember saying I trust him. Do I really trust him? There was nowhere to go. We had to surrender to Kai otherwise he will shoot us.

Liam's hand gently cups my cheek as he moves closer to me. My heart flutters as I look deeply into his eyes. He leans in, closing the distance between us in a tender kiss. My eyes fall closed as my every bone surges with passion.

This is wrong. It has to be. What about Tyler?

My mind explodes with questions and fears as I indulge in this kiss. Liam leans back and his arms wrap around my waist as I realize what he's doing.

"No!" I hear Kai's voice scream as Liam and I fall off of the beautiful balcony.

Wind rushes through my hair as we speed to the snowy ground below. My stomach drops and fear runs through me as the ground rushes towards us. Liam tightens his grip on me and my eyes squeeze shut as I realize I may not survive this long fall...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG they kissed! What did you think? I love reading your comments! Leave me another!

-Sarah :P