The pain that follows

Finally an update for all those who beg. Honestly I left this story open because I didn't think it was that good. But from all your comments, I've been inspired :) feel free to backtrack a few chapters to catch up since it's been a HOT minute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex POV-

I stare into Cleo's dead frost colored eyes. I just killed somebody. I take a hitched breath. Tears begin to drag down my face. I sit at the bottom of a hark trunk, my head in my hands. 

Rain patters down on my shoulders. 

Tyler stares at me, speechless. 

"Alex.." Tyler speaks so quietly it's almost a whisper. He takes a few steps towards me.

"N-no.. don't come closer!" I sputter out. My eyes haven't left Cleo's lifeless body. All of my rage is gone.

He doesn't listen. He stomps over and grabs my shirt, yanking me up to where I am standing.

I stare into his eyes and they are cold. He grits his teeth and his eyes shift to Cleo. "I cannot believe you just did that." He grits out. "She is ONE OF OUR OWN ALEX!" He yells making me shrink smaller.

"You mean one of your own Tyler!" I spit back. "One of your filthy whores." His eyes soften.

"This does not condone you to murder!!" He quickly replies.

"No Tyler. As my mate, by the moon Goddess, you are not to cheat. LOYALTY is an omen we must HONOR!"

His brows glue together in anger.

"Don't make me lock you up for your crime." He seethes.

"You're seriously going to lock up your own mate?"

Silence eats at the air as I stand there. Shaking. I lean against a tree and collapse in sobs. Tyler approaches me, crouching down and placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." I hiccup. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry Tyler." I burst into more tears. He sighs deeply and picks me up in a cradle. He carries me for a while until I feel us walking down stairs. I move my head from his shoulder to where I can see and my heart drops.

I'm back in the place it all began... the cellar. Where he killed that man when I first met him. Where he beat him to death and I ran.

"What no, why are we here Tyler?" I wiggle in his grasp.

He remains silent as he walks down a dark corridor. He finally reaches a metal door and placed me on a thin mattress.

"Tyler..." my eyes plead. His eyes are sad. I clutch onto his arm pleading him not to let go.

"You killed one of our own." He states firmly pulling away. I scramble to my feet, clawing at his jacket, begging him.

"Don't leave me in here Tyler. I had to do it. You would have done the same! Tyler!" He yanks his arm, ridding himself of my touch and slams the hard metal door.

" No! Tyler let me out! Let me out!! Please.." more tears rain out of my eyes. I sink down into the darkness. What have I done? The tears keep pouring out and I feel like I can't breathe.

I cry until there's nothing left to cry. No more tears will come out. I fall helplessly to sleep in the dark cell my own mate has locked me in.