Champion or Chazz-been!

Episode(s): 54

"We're gonna be late for the first official duel of the year!" cried out Jaden as he, Syrus, Alexis, and Rose ran to the stadium.

"How come I never see you running this fast when you're late for a class?" asked Syrus in annoyance.

"'Cause he saves his energy for sprinting out of class," said Alexis, out of breath.

"And for running from Crowler," said Rose as she ran.

As the four neared the door, they could hear the crowd cheering from the other side.

"Bonjour!" said the announcer. "I'm sure by now you all know moi!"

"Who's the short, fat, bald guy?" asked Syrus as they made it into the room.

"For those who don't, I'm you Vice-Chancellor, Jean Louis Bonaparte. But enough about me. This is about him – former Obelisk Blue student, Chazz Princeton!" said Bonaparte as he pointed at Chazz. "If he wins, he goes back to the Blue Dorm! Trust me; this is a duel you don't wanna miss!"

"Did you guys hear that? If Chazz wins this duel, he gets a free pass back to Obelisk Blue!" said Jaden in excitement.

"Yeah, but if you asked me, that should have been you, said Syrus as they walked around the stadium. "What boob would pick Chazz?"

"This Boob!" said a voice. The kids turned to see Crowler.

"Dr. Crowler!" said Syrus in shock.

"It's Chancellor Crowler now," said Crowler as he gave Syrus an annoyed look. "And there's a reason I chose Chazz for this duel. Quite a brilliant reason, in fact."

"Somehow, I doubt that," said Rose with a flat look.

"What was that? Do you slackers know who joined this year's freshman class? Duelist league all-star Aster Phoenix!"

"He enrolled here?" asked Alexis in shock.

"As a student?" question Syrus in shock.

"So, where is he?" asked Jaden. Crowler took out a handkerchief and started to bite it.

"Well, that's just it! For some reason, he never showed up!" cried Crowler as he then began to explain to the student why he set up this duel: to find a face for the school, someone to market it.

"That's the most selfish, egotistical thing I've ever heard," said Rose in annoyance and disappointment.

"Thank you," said Crowler with a smile and a bow. The four just looked at him with sweat drops.

"Five a big Duel Academy welcome to our challenger! He's our top-ranking freshman! SO, give it up for Mr. Reginald van Howell lll!" said Bonaparte. The crowd, especially the freshman, cheered him on. While that was going on, the group found their wat to some seats, Crowler following them. They sat in the front row. Alexis, then Rose, then Jaden, and then Syrus. Crowler sat behind them.

"This Reginald kid must be a pretty good duelist. It's his first year at this place. And he's already in Obelisk Blue," said Jaden, impressed. Syrus nodded in agreement.

"No joke. He's just like Chazz, well, before he became a has-been," said Syrus.

"Alright! You know the drill," announced Bonaparte. "No direct attacks below the belt. But trash-talk is encouraged."

'I can't believe he just said that,' thought Rose with a sweat drop.

"Then allow me to kick off the insults! You're a nasty, stuck-up snob!" said Reginald, a.k.a Reggie, as he pointed at Chazz. "And no one here likes you."