Back to Duel!

Episode(s): 53

"Wow. Jaden doesn't waste any time, does he?" said Rose as she and Chazz walked up to Miss Dorothy and Syrus, whom were watching Jaden duel a freshman down by the beach. The boy wore a white suit and had white hair, from what they could see.

"It' figures he challenged a freshman," said Chazz in a mocking voice.

"Actually," started Syrus, "that guy challenged him. He just showed up in our dorm room and was all: 'I'm here to throw down with the best duelist in the Academy and from what I here, that's Jaden Yuki.'

"And that brings us here. Now take a close look, I could swear I've seen that guy before."

"You're right," said Rose, thoughtfully. 'I wonder why?'

"Yeah, he does look familiar," said Chazz in confusion.

"Hey, Chazz, maybe he graduated from that snooty prep school of yours," said Dorothy with a laugh.

"Good call," said Syrus with a smile. "He definitely looks rich enough and stuck-up enough."

"Look, shrimp, he's nothing like me!" said an angry Chazz.

"Ojama Yellow in defense mode!" said the mysterious boy, causing Chazz to fall over and Rose to laugh.

"Ojama? Are you sure?" asked an overconfident Jaden.

"Jaden!" called out Rose, making everyone turn to look at her. "Don't be overconfident! That just makes you an asshole!"

"R-right," said an embarrassed Jaden.

"Told ya we're not alike!" exclaimed Chazz. "That's gotta be one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen! I would never start out with a lame card like that!"

"You'd save the best for last! Right boss, right!" said Ojama Yellow.

"Wrong. Now beat it, pit stain!"

"I love it when you use my pet name!"

"That was disturbing," giggled Rose. Chazz's cheeks turned red. "Anyway, I wonder what else he has in his deck."

"Not much, I bet," said Dorothy as she stroked Pharaoh, causing the others to look at her in confusion.

"Wait. How do you know that?" asked Syrus.

"It's simple. He just assembled that deck this morning from random cards in the campus Card Shop."

"Really?" asked a shocked Rose. 'Why would he build a deck like that? Is he trying to test Jaden?'

"It's true."

"Give me a break! Who duel's with leftover cards?" asked an annoyed Chazz.

"That guy?" said Rose with a raised eyebrow.

As the group watched Jaden duel, Rose couldn't help but lose focus as she thought to herself.

'Something feels off about that boy. I feel like I've seen him before, but I can't remember from where. Not only that, but the facial expression he makes seem off. Like he's trying to hold back. But why would he do that. I don't trust this boy at all.

'Not only that but Jaden needs to stop acting like he's the best. Yes, he may have saved the world, but there will always be people better. No matter what,' thought Rose as she watched.

"Wha'ja do, take lessons from Chazz or something?" asked Jaden, causing Chazz to fall over in shock. Rose laughed at that.

"I'll place this card face down and – huh?" said the boy in shock as a ringing was heard.