A Lying Legend

A/N: I hate this episode, moving through the duel as fast as I can. Lol.

Episode(s): 40

"You all know Yugi Muto, Lilly Kaiba, and Seto Kaiba as dueling legends," said Banner as he showed the students hand drawn pictures of the three legends. "Far and away, the very best of their generation."

"And best looking too!" said one of the girls.

"The guys are total dreamboats!" said another.

"Lilly is sexy as hell," said one of the Obolisk Blue boys.

"But you do realize, class," said Banner as he put some papers away, "that there were other great duelists well before all of them."

"How is that, Prof?" asked Jaden while he rest his cheek in the palm of his hand. "I mean, duel monsters hasn't been around all that long."

"Guess you were asleep during that class, Jaden," said Syrus, causing Jaden to look at him. "They used to play back in ancient Egypt."

"Huh," said Jaden in wonder.

"That's right," said Banner as he showed another picture, "and one of the best way back in those days was a powerful Pharaoh named Abidos the Third. Abidos was undefeated."

"Undefeated?" question Jaden, perking up. "That's so sweet! He must've been somethin' else. Of course, it's a good thing he's not around today, cuz then that undefeated record would go adios."

"Sure, it would, Slacker," said Chazz with a smirk, "and then you'd probably take down Yugi, Lilly, and Kaiba too."

"Ya think?" said Jaden with a smile as he turned to look at Chazz behind him. "Well, thanks! I had no idea that you believed in me so much, Chazz."

"It's sarcasm," said Chazz angerly as he lifted his hands, as if to strangle Jaden. "Got that?"

"Sure, but if you want to change your name, Chazz, you can do a lot better than 'Sarcasm,'" said Jaden with a smirk on his face as he turned to face forward, putting his hands behind his head.

"You know what I mean!" yelled Chazz as he tried to strangle Jaden, who only laughed.

"Hey, come on, guys," said Syrus with a nervous smile. "You're gonna get us in trouble."

"Wanna see trouble?" said Chazz as he started to pull on Jaden's ears, causing said boy to cry out in pain. "Fine! How about this?

"Stop. He's gonna hear us," said Syrus in desperation.

'That's funny,' thought Rose as she looked at the two boys fight from behind Syrus.

"He sure will," said Banner in anger. "You can continue in detention."

"Aw man," said Syrus in disappointment, "fifth time this week."

~That Night~

"Thanks for coming, you guys," said Alexis as Rose and Zane showed up at the dock in front of the light house. Zane stood to Alexis' left while Rose stood to his left.

"No problem," said Rose with a smile.

"I just needed someone to talk to. I thought having my brother back would make everything ok again, but it seems like there's even more questions than ever now, and then with these Shadow Riders, I just don't know what to do, Zane, Rose."