Grave Risk

Episode(s): 27-28

'I wonder if Professor Banner is okay?' thought Rose as she looked at Banner after the explosion he caused.

"Well, that's the bell," said Alexis as she looked at Rose.

"OH!" said Banner. "I almost forgot. I'm, uh, planning a little field trip!"

"Great. To where?!" asked Jaden in excitement. "Circus, carnival?!"

"Even Better! We're taking a ten-mile hike! All the way to the excavated ruins, were we'll be taking geologic core samples! Saturday at 7 a.m. Don't be late!"

~Saturday at 7 A.M.~

"Only five?! Where is everyone else?" said Banner in distress as he looked at the only four students who showed up: Jaden, Rose, Chumley, and Syrus.

"They're probably sleeping, professor," said Syrus. "You know, in their nice, warm beds? With their nice comfy pillows."

"Just like I would be doin' if Banner didn't threaten us with detention if we didn't show!" said Chumley in annoyance. "It's 7 a.m. in the morning, I need my beauty sleep."

"Hmm. I'll tell ya what the secret to getting' up early is," said Jaden as he turned to Rose with a smile, "stayin' up all night long!"

"To tell you the truth, we could hardly sleep too," said Alexis as she smiled at Jaden.

"Yeah, the ruins we're going to used to host the shadow games!" said Rose in excitement as she smiled at Jaden, causing him to smile more.

"That's sweet!" he said to her before turning to look at Alexis. "Maybe you can find some clues, you know, about your brother!"

"Yeah, that's kind of what I'm hoping for," said Alexis as she looked down at the ground.

"Now, we must be careful as we approach the ruins," said Banner as everyone looked at their devices. "Inside is an ancient tomb!"

'How interesting,' thought Rose as she went through the pictures on her device.

"Ok everyone. Let's go!" said Banner as he started to walk toward the ruins with everyone fallowing him.

~After Some Time Hiking~

"If someone doesn't shut Chumley up soon, we are going back with one less person," said Rose in annoyance as the others looked at her scared.

"Oh, look! We're finally here!" said Banner in happiness as he looked forward. He then turned to look at the group. "Isn't it just amazing!"

"They look all ruined!" said Jaden with wide eyes and a smile.

"That's cuz they're ruins," said Alexis as she and Rose laughed.

"It's in the name, Jay," said Rose, causing Jaden to rub his head in embarrassment.

"It's beautiful!" said Banner. "You can still make out the faded remains of the Oculus! Ohh! And the Fastigium! No doubt inspired by Amenemhet of Saqqarah!"

"He sure seems excited to see some rocks," said Syrus as he and Chumley sat down.

"Yeah, well I'm excited to sit down," said Chumley with an attitude.