The Dark Scorpions

Episode(s): 39

"What's up, Alexis?" said Jaden as he, Chazz, Banner, and a mystery man walked up to Alexis and Rose who were standing near Alexis' brother who was dressed in academy uniform.

"How's Atticus doing?" asked Rose as she smiled at her friend.

"So-so," said Alexis with a sad voice. "I mean, he's out of that hospital bed now, but he still can't remember much of what happened."

"I'm sure he'll come around soon," said Jaden with a smile to his friend.

"Anyway, what bring you all over?"

"The law, actually," said Banner with a smile as he held Pharaoh. The others turned to the mystery man.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm detective Zaloog," said the man who was dressed in the way you would think an old-time detective like Sherlock Holms would dress with a weird eyepatch on his right eye.

"Okay," said the two girls.

"You see, Alexis, since three of the seven Spirit Keys have already been taken by the Shadow Riders and the fate of the world resets on protecting the remaining four, the academy though it best to call in the police."

"By the way, where is your key, Rose?" asked Jaden as he and Chazz turned to look at her.

"Right here, around my neck," she replied as she showed them.

"Same here," said Chazz.

"Yeah, same with me," said Jaden as she showed them.

"Oh my, that's exactly what I was afraid of," said Zaloog with a smile and a condescending voice.. "You may think that's where it's safest, but it's not, for you see, all the Shadow duelists have to do is find you, and they found the key."

"So, the detective suggests we all hid our keys somewhere," said Banner with a smile.

"Whatever's clever, I guess," said Jaden as they then proceeded to go to the student's rooms to hide their keys.

~Chazz's Room~

"Nobody'll think to look here," said Chazz as he put the key in a drawer.

"Yes," said Zaloog with s smirk. "Just be sure, Chazz, that you keep it a secret."

Everyone stopped when they heard a noise outside the room, only to see Gorg, the janitor.

~Jaden's Room~

"There!" declared Jaden as he put the key in a drawer in his desk. "The junk drawer."

"Good. No one will ever find it mixed in with all that clutter," said Zaloog with a nod.

Rose, Jaden, and Chazz just looked at the man suspiciously as Chazz closed Jaden's drawer. They then noticed someone trying to open the door.

"Who's there!" yelled Jaden as he opened the door, only to see a fellow Slifer Red student. "Oh, it's you."

"Well? Who is it?" asked Zaloog right as Syrus and Chumley showed up.

"Hey C.K., you lost again?" asked Syrus in a friendly voice.

"Your room is next door, remember?" asked Jaden.

"Oh, oh yeah!" said C.K. as he ran to his room.

"C.K. is a new transfer student," explained Chumley to the group. He's kinda on the slow side. I love dulin' him."

~Rose's Room~

"Well, this is where I keep all my other valuables," said Rose as she opened a box with jewelry in it and put the key in it. She then turned around as Chazz closed it for her. "There."