Making the Grade!

Episode: 4

'This test isn't so hard,' thought Rose to herself as she filled out the answers.

"You have 45 minutes left to finish your test," said Professor Banner.

'I wonder where Jaden is?' thought Rose as she finished her test.

"You two want to keep it down! Some of us plan to pass this test," said Chazz in anger, causing Rose to turn and look in his direction to see him speaking to Jaden.

'He so late,' thought Rose with a sweat drop.

"Oh Jaden~" sand Professor Banner, causing Jaden to turn around and run to him to get his test.

~Sometime Later~

"Alright class! The written exam is now over!" announced Professor Banner. "So please walk, not run, to get in line for today's new rare cards."

"There here!" yelled someone.

"Oh dear," said the Professor as students then started to run out of the class room.

"Say, you two may want to give some serious thought to waking up," said Bastion as he shook Syrus and Jaden while Rose laughed next to him.

"Ahh, I flunked, didn't I?" asked Syrus as he stood up and cried, "I'm a complete failure, aren't I?"

"If there was a grade foe melodrama, you would get an A!" said Jaden as he woke up, causing Rose to laugh and Bastion to smirk.

"Where did everybody go?"

"That's what I was trying to tell you. The new rare cards arrived today and everyone's at the card shack," said Bastion.

"What! New cards! How come no one told us!?" asked Syrus.

"Because everyone wants the best cards for themselves. Why would they want to tell possible competition?" asked Rose as she sat up on the desk next to Bastion.

"That's right," said Bastion as he put one hand on the desk next to Rose and lead on it. Rose didn't seem to mind that he was closer to her, but Jaden looked at them weird. "They want to be able to use them in the upcoming field test.

"So why aren't the two of you getting some?" asked Syrus, annoyed.

"Please, I wouldn't want to upset the balance of my deck," said Bastion as he smirked at the other two boys. Rose nodded.

"Same, besides, you don't always need powerful cards to win, just a good strategy," she said with a smile.

'Cute,' thought Syrus with a blush.

'She is definitely one to look out for,' thought Bastion as he smirked at her. Jaden narrowed his eyes at him.

'Why don't I like that?' Jaden asked himself.

"Mine wouldn't!" yelled Syrus as he looked at Jaden, getting back on topic.

"Then let's go! Nothing like the smell of new cards in the morning!" said Jaden as he and Syrus ran. "Thanks for the tip!"

"Well, they are certainly energetic, aren't they?" said Bastion as he moved from his position and put his hand out for Rose to take. She grabbed his hand and jumped down from the desk. Once down she began to straighten out her skirt.