The Seventh Shadow Rider

Episode(s): 44 – 46

"It'll be okay, Jaden," said Syrus as he looked at Jaden who had his head in his arms.

'Poor Jaden. He must really miss Professor Banner,' thought Rose as she looked at her friends who were sitting in front of her.

"I wonder who they are going to have substitute the class," wondered Alexis out loud. Rose looked at her friend.

"Knowing our luck, it's going to be someone who sucks," said Rose, causing Chazz to snort on the other side of Alexis. He was about to say something when he notice a teach come into the class hall.

"Fuck. Looks like you're right," he said as they all looked at Professor Crowler. All the students started to complain.

"Good morning students. Guess what?" said Crowler as he started to walk toward the desk. "Due to Professor Banner's absence, I will be you substitute teacher for the day. Aren't you lucky! Because I'm certainly not. It was supposed to be my day off!"

The students watched as he slammed his books down and fumed. He then started to set up everything for his lessons.

"Let's see here," he said as he put something on the projector. "The Mark of Amnael. Yes, it looks like that's where Professor Banner left off. More Duel Alchemy Nonsense, I'm sure."

'How can he say that?' thought Rose in anger.

"Hmm, well, according to these tomes, the basics of this are, hm, nor that, well, that doesn't make any sense. I don't even know how to pronounce that word."

'Why is he here?' thought Rose with a sweat drop.

"What gibberish!" yelled Crowler as he slammed the book close. "This makes no sense! And he's teaching you it!? Perhaps it's a good thing he's missing! After all, he's polluting your young minds with twaddle! It's grade academic tripe! Pure rubbish! Useless Prattle!"

~Some Time Later~

"Alright. It's time for some lab work. According to the syllabus," said Crowler as he messed around with some chemicals. He then put a metal into a chemical mixture. "Now let's see here. I think this is right."

"Oh!" said everyone in shock as it started to glow. It then exploded.

'Karma?' thought Rose with a sweat drop as Crowler pulled the metal off of his forehead and screamed in pain. Rose and Alexis tried not to laugh.

"What gobbledygook Duel Alchemy is! What pure drivel!" yelled Crowler as everyone else laughed. He then looked at Jaden who was talking to Syrus.

"Mr. Slifer Slacker!" yelled Crowler, causing Jaden to straighten up.

"Uh, yes, sir?" said Jaden in shock.

"Chancellor Sheppard would like a word!"

"Me?" said Jaden in shock as he stood up.

"That's right. And the rest of the gang. Report to him at once!" said Crowler causing Bastion, Chazz, and Rose to look up in shock.

~Chancellor Sheppard's office~

"What do you mean he's still lost?" asked Jaden as he put his hands on the desk. He and the rest of the group were standing in front of Sheppard's desk along with Zane. "Professor Banner couldn't have just vanished into thin air! Could he?"

"Who knows," said Sheppard with his arms crossed from where he sat in his chair, eyes closed. "Bottom line is we've looked everywhere and can't find him."

"And there's no log of him leaving the island," said Crowler from his position, standing next to Sheppard.

"So, then I think we all know what happened," declared Chazz as he closed his eyes and tilted his head up. "Banner got sucked into the shadows.