Chapter 28

Y/n's POV
OMG I'M ENGAGED!! AND TO DEMI LOVATO!! I can't believe it, never in a million years would I have thought that I would be engaged to the most remarkable woman in the world. I feel so blessed that I finally have found my true love. Nothing can make me change the way I feel about her.

Today is Demi's day off, and it's also the day after Demi proposed to me on stage in front of thousands of people. The media have gone crazy all morning and thankfully fans and other celebrities have been sending us love and wishes over Twitter and Instagram. Me and Demi are laying in bed in our hotel room, scrolling through our phones. "Awe babe look at this." Demi says while moving her phone for me to see what she was talking about. I look at the screen and it was an edit that a fan made of both of us to celebrate our engagement. "That's so sweet!" Demi nodded and moved her phone away from my face. I searched up the fan account that posted the edit and looked for the post. I liked the edit then commented a few heart emojis. I then turned off my phone and snuggled into Demi's body. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Demi's POV
I look over at Y/n, who's curled up beside me, and I notice shes asleep. Her hair was all over the place and her mouth was open slightly. I laughed at the view and went on the camera on Instagram and took a picture of Y/n laying her head on my chest.

@ddlovato Always cherish these moments. My forever💗

I hit post and turned my phone off and wrapped my arm around Y/n to bring her closer then I closed my eyes and let sleep take over my body.

{skip to the next day}

I woke up from my phone ringing repeatedly. I sighed and grabbed my phone to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Demi, It's Scooter. I need you and Y/n to pack your things and go to your bus. We have to leave early so we can get to Columbus and still have time before the show tonight."

"Alright give us 20 minutes and we'll be down."

"great thanks D."

I hung up and looked over at Y/n who was peacefully sleeping. I smiled before waking her up and telling her we need to leave. We both got out of bed and grabbed our suitcases to pack. Thankfully, we didn't unpack a lot so this didn't take long. Once we packed we both went to the bathroom and freshened up. We both were wearing hoodies and sweatpants so we didn't bother changing. We grabbed our bags and made our way to the Tour bus. Once we got there and gave our bags to the driver, we went in and cuddled up on the couch.

Were in my dressing room once again, an hour before show time. I had already done the meet & greet and soundcheck so I could relax for a while. Y/n was sat on the couch in the corner talking to me when her phone buzzed.

Y/n's POV
I was sat on the couch in Demi's dressing room talking to her about the show when my phone buzzed.

Anonymous: Go to the nearest bathroom, I'll be waiting...

I looked at Demi to see if she was playing with me but she was looking at me confused. "Who is it babe?" I gave her a smile and said it was Kehlani asking me to go see her for a second. Demi nodded and let me go. I reread the message again then went to the bathroom, which was 5 minutes away. I opened the door and walked in. I went to all the stalls but no one was there. I was about to message the person when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I knew this was Demi because she's always done that since we first started dating. I turn around and gasped from shock. "Missed me?" I try to catch my breath and process what just happened. "So I heard you're getting married." I backed up against the wall as they walked closer and closer towards me. "I was thinking maybe you could ditch Demi and we could get married. We can have everything." I shook my head scared of what's going to happen.

"What are you doing here?" I asked petrified of the response I was going receive. "I want you. Forget about Demi, she doesn't actually love you. All this is just for PR." Tears started to form in my eyes, I mean I know they're lying but I've actually thought this was true so many times during our relationship. By now the person has gripped my arms so I can't escape. I try to fight them off using the defence mechanisms Demi taught me. I managed to get out of their grip and I run for my life. I run as fast as I can to Demi's dressing room. I didn't even look back to see if they was following me, I just wanted to be in Demi's arms. Away from them. Tears are pouring down my face now but I don't care I just need Demi. I made it to the dressing room and I run in to see Demi on the couch in her outfit for the concert. She noticed I was crying uncontrollably so she put her phone down and came towards me with open arms. I hugged her tight crying in her neck.

"Baby what happened?" she asked in a worried tone. "I-i-it w-was R-R-Rita.."