Chapter 19

Finally.

That was all I could think.

Finally.

My simple little crush turned into something bigger between us. The sweet, responsible, but still fun boy that everyone loved. Including me.

My feelings were so mixed right now, though. I felt bad for Harry. I know he had feelings for me, and I couldn't return them. They may nit have been the right feelings, still I felt horrible, but it needed to be done. He's Harry Styles, he can find someone else.

I slumped back on the couch I sat upon, staring at the ceiling, just thinking how crazy things were. How much it changed.

Abruptly I felt the couch deepen next to me as I greeted, "Hello."

"Hi," A cheerful voice returned.

I could tell it was Niall and almost immediately did I know what he came for.

"So, you finally got together with your Prince Charming?" He questioned, poking my side.

A light blush came upon my face, as I answered, "Sure."

"Oh, just 'sure', I know in the little mind of yours he's all your thinking about," He declared, "Your all he talks about anyway."

I raised an eyebrow at him,

"Really?"

Niall nodded, continuing, "Yeah, as soon as he asked you to be his and you said 'yes', he woke me, practically screaming out his joy."

In the middle of Niall divulging this, Liam was walking in with his eyes wide, realizing what was being said.

He covered Niall's mouth, as he said, "Haha, it's not embarrass Liam day today."

Liam's cheeks were an adorable shade of red as Niall pried him off.

"Oh your right mate, that's tomorrow, I'll be sure to do right," He teased.

I was just giggling at this whole thing, they were just so cute.

"What are you laughing at?" Niall joked, "It's embarrass Kristina day today."

"Yeah, I'd love to hear all the moments you practically fangirled over me," Liam said, walking over and plopping on the other side of me.

Niall started, "Let's see, how bout that time when you were totally in denial of liking him, and then you finally admitted it."

I tried my hardest to keep a straight face, not admitting to anything.

"I don't know what your talking about," I lied.

"Oh, and within the first day of meeting, you spilled punch on me," He recalled.

"She did?" Niall laughed.

"Yup," Liam answered.

They both started laughing as I was sitting there, cheeks blushing.

"Hey, hey, hey," I countered, "At least I didn't come up with idea of 'getting revenge on Lou by kissing his sister' plan.

Niall 'ooh'ed as if Liam just been "burned".

Liam pulled me closer to him by the waist and whispered, "But, now I can kiss you whenever I want."

I giggled a bit and asked, "Is that a bet?"

"We can make it one," He said, diving in for one small peck on the lips. Instead I turned my head, getting one on my cheek.

"I'm not that easy, lover boy," I teased, poking his nose.

"Gah, get a room," Niall whined, throwing a pillow at us, "I'm trying to watch the telly."

"I was here first," I said simply, smiling.

"I'm gonna go get some food," He muttered, walking out of the room.

My eyes went to the screen, watching some of celebrity gossip.

"Girl spotted with One Direction, is she a sister, a close friend, or a girlfriend?" The reporter announced.

Blurry pictures of me and the boys at the golf course popped up on screen. I looked over at Liam as I could see him tense up a bit. I wonder why.

"On other news, one fifth of One Direction, Liam Payne has rumored to be dating this young women, has Danielle and him broken up? or is he-"

The screen went blank as I saw the remote grasped in Liam's hand.

"It's okay, Liam, I'm not the jealous type," I said, grabbing his other hand, reassuring.

"I know, but," He sighed, "There is a problem."

My heart skipped a little, is he still with Danielle? Is he just going to let me go right now?

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"Kristina, uhm if you have two choices," He declared.

I nodded, signalling him to keep on going.

"We can keep us, private, meaning no PDA outside, out of the house. Or, we can go public," Liam continued, "But, there is a thing about being known as 'Liam Payne's Girlfriend.'"

"What is that 'thing'?" I asked, chuckling a bit. I wasn't taking this seriously.

"No matter how perfect you are, people are going to be jealous, and if people are jealous, they are going to send hate," He explained, "And I don't know if I want to put you in that position again."

He glanced down at my wrists. He knew I was fragile, I could be broken by just a couple of words. But I wanted to prove everyone wrong, I wanted people to know I was just as strong as a cement wall. Maybe, not right now though. I was still recovering from lots of things, Skye , Sydney, everything.

"You still don't have to decide now, we can go public in a few days, months, years, and I would still be by your side, love," Liam proclaimed.

I smiled at him and said, "It'll take some time."

He nodded, grinning back at me, "But when you do choose, I'll be excited to show off my wonderful girlfriend."

Liam leaned in for another kiss, and this time I excepted it.

Chills ran down my spine. It seems like every time he kisses me, it feels like I've been taken to another world. Not that I mind.

The kiss broke off and he whispered in my ear, "I won."

"Won what?" I questioned.

"I can kiss you anytime I would like," He said, "And I know you love it."

I stuck my tongue out at him, as I reached over and turned on the TV, this time to Spongebob.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"What? My spongebob is like your Toy Story, so shush and enjoy," I instructed.

I watched him as he rolled his eyes and pulled me closer to him. His warmth welcomed me, as I felt safe in his arms.

We were together, at last. It was meant to be that way. I wanted it that way. His finger gently stroked my wrist, placing warm kisses on my temple. The simple words of 'I love you' echoed throughout my ear as he gently whispered. It was an extremely sweet gesture and unintentionally sexy. I loved it, but Louis wouldn't. He didn't appreciate love the way I did. I guess it was a girl thing.

My hand crawled up his chiseled chest, lightly pushing him away as I giggled and pulled my knees to myself.

"Stop, before my brother walks in." I groaned, smirking half-heartily.

He gulped, eyes wide. I swear I heard him whimper. Always knew Liam was a puppy.

"I'm hands off." He looked down, innocent and ashamed.

Crawling into his lap, my body curled into a ball. I hummed the "Goofy Goober" song as Spongebob performed it on the screen.

"You're adorable, you know that?" Liam smiled, untangling my long hair.

"It's a specialty of mine." I retorted, fluttering my eyes shut.

Slowly, I drifted away in his laps.